We’re looking for a Sr. Director of Sales Engineering to lead our growing SE team! As a Sales Engineering Leader at Vimeo, you will lead a team that partners with our global sales organization, all technical resources for engaging with prospective clients within the media and business communications space. You and your team will be responsible for understanding potential customers’ technical needs and translating how our platform offerings could match those needs. You and team will be proficient in the technical aspects of Vimeo’s platforms, and will architect solutions for potential customers. You will also act as the liaison between Vimeo’s potential customers and our internal product and engineering teams as we improve and build new offerings. You will drive the operational improvements to sales engineering workflow and engagements, reporting, cross-company consistency and collaboration.
You’ll manage a diverse team of sales engineering professionals and maintain your technical expertise to engage directly with prospects and work cross-functionally. You’ll drive operational efficiencies across the sales organization to ensure we build a best-in-class team that scales.
What you’ll do:
- Hire, coach and motivate an outstanding Sales Engineering team to deliver against assigned goals
- Work to improve the Vimeo sales methodology and processes, allowing us to scale with a rapidly growing salesforce
- Assess gaps in evolving training needs and create and implement programs to improve the sales, product and tech skills of the Sales Engineering team
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other Vimeo teams, particularly product management, marketing, and business leadership
- Develop and maintain expertise in feature functionality and practical application of all Vimeo product offerings
- Help companies across varying industries to understand and evaluate the technical capabilities of our products, leading evaluation cycles to gain product fit consensus
- Understand and interpret prospective customer requirements, delivering customized product demonstrations to match customer needs
- Design, validate, and document technical solutions to share with prospective customers and Vimeo teams
- Collect and analyze feedback from prospective customers to influence roadmap, collaborating with engineering and product management teams to meet our prospects’ business challenges and align with Vimeo’s business objectives
- Refine our internal processes to ensure effective measurement of performance, consistent experience from internal & external partners, and improvement to team’s impact on the success of deals
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 10+ years of experience working in a sales engineering or solution architecting capacity, preferably in the digital video industry
- 4+ years of experience leading technical sales teams
- Experience with live streaming and client-side coding languages; REST-based APIs a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to build relationships with potential customers, understand their environment, and introduce new concepts to solve problems
- Comfort with a fluid, fast-paced environment and navigating matrixed organizations
- Passion for problem solving with a roll-up-your sleeves demeanor
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.