The Data Security Engineer role specializes in providing security for cloud-based digital platforms and plays an integral role in protecting an organization's data. This may involve analyzing existing data flows, designing controls to monitor ingress and egress of sensitive information, and managing tools designed to support data protection across a host of technologies. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and have extensive technical experience in security, automation and monitoring of systems. In this role you will be responsible for data protection controls in a multi-cloud environment with a dedicated focus on managing tools to enforce cloud compliance.
What you’ll do:
- Assess, configure and monitor tooling to support company Data Protection standards
- Design security controls and drive remediation with teams across the company
- Automate identification and investigation of anomalies in support of incident response
- Report out on performance and trends of projects and security tooling
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- In-depth experience in Cloud Platforms - GCP, AWS
- 4+ years experience in Cybersecurity, with demonstrated experience in Email Security, Encryption Protocols, Incident Response and Security Operations and Monitoring
- Experience with Email solutions (ie.Mimecast) and data transfer protocols
- Demonstrated background developing innovative solutions
- Dedicated problem-solver who can work in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to take the initiative to solve problems, focusing on effective root cause analysis
- Strong oral and written communicator, with good interpersonal skills; able to forge trusting relationships within a diverse team and across organizations
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.