Vimeo is searching for an experienced Python and SQL software engineer for its Business Intelligence Engineering team! This is a chance to create and maintain a robust, scalable and sustainable enterprise data platform with other members of the BI-Engineering team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating and handling ETL processes that power Vimeo’s CRM and Performance Marketing programs.
Our CRM database houses the activity of tens of millions of registered users. Maintaining this growing database’s stability and ensuring its scalability is essential to our CRM program! You will need to work with the Marketing and Engineering teams to re-architect and optimize our CRM data model. You will also build pipelines to send data from Snowflake to our CRM vendors.
Vimeo also relies on paid media as a key acquisition tactic. As the data requirements for advertising technology scales, you will work to design ETLs that efficiently transfer data from our systems to our advertising partners.
What you'll do:
- Provide technical leadership to the BI Engineering team and actively lead design discussions
- Ensure alignment to coding standard methodologies and development of reusable code
- Consistently supervise data platform and make recommendations to improve system architecture
- Work closely with other BI engineers, BI analysts, and business stakeholders to understand and plan technical requirements for BI projects
- Provide decision analysis and decision support to business stakeholders using BI and other data
- Contribute software designs, code, tooling, testing, and operational support to a multi-terabyte BI data platform
- Proactively build and maintain alerting systems for various data Marketing feeds
- Collaborative work: iterative development, design and code review sessions
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 3+ years of engineering experience in a fast-paced environment; in scalable data architecture, fault-tolerant ETL, and monitoring of data quality in the cloud
- Solid understanding of design patterns and coding best practices
- Experience with and understanding of data modeling concepts, techniques and best practices for marketing data models
- Experience with Airflow, Celery, or other Python-based task processing systems
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar marketing automation platforms
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in Python / PySpark
- Proficiency with modern source control systems, especially Git
- Proficiency in Relational database design
- Experience working with marketers and other non-technical business partners on technical projects
- Experience with technical writing and documentation
Bonus Points (Nice Skills to Have, but Not Needed):
- A good understanding of distributed data processing architecture and tools such as Kafka and Spark
- Pandas or R
- Redshift, Vertica, Snowflake, CitusDB, or other distributed columnar-store databases
- Experience with any distributed map/reduce framework, in Hadoop or otherwise
- Basic Linux/Unix system administration skills
- Google Tag Manager
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.