At Vimeo, we build the best in video technology, which our (global) developer community loves us for. Our tech writers are the facilitators of this beautiful relationship. We work closely with our engineers to take the technology that they create and break it down for other technical users — public app developers, strategic partners, our own in-house programming and user support talent, and so on — through resources like developer.vimeo.com. And that’s just for starters when you make a career with us.
We’re a small team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, and is driven by careful attention to detail and planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great technology and believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, and one another.
What you’ll do:
- Write engaging, clear user guides, partner guides, reference material, and other technical content for internal and external developer audiences according to established standards
- Review technical documentation produced by our engineers for consistency, accuracy, and clarity according to our technical style guide
- Work closely with the support team to identify gaps in current technical documentation coverage and create actionable plans to address these gaps in a timely manner
- Interface directly with code owners and stakeholders to communicate progress, resolve questions, and ensure the success of documentation projects
- Contribute to the development of the style and voice of our technical content
- Communicate and collaborate with writers in different departments to ensure that all written materials adhere to a common set of goals
- Grow technically and professionally in a collaborative and inclusive environment with opportunities to learn and share with others
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Experience documenting APIs and writing specifically for a developer audience
- Experience working with markup languages such as HTML5, XML, and Markdown
- Willingness to coordinate with a variety of partners and adapt technical content accordingly
- Ability to thrive in a self-directed, detail-oriented, goal-focused environment with other creative and hardworking people
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet hard deadlines
- Ability to collaborate and communicate respectfully with people from a diverse set of backgrounds, with different language requirements, scheduling needs, areas of expertise, and work styles
- Three samples of your very best work
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.