Vimeo is looking to hire a Senior Product Designer to join our Collaboration and Identity team. This role will be responsible for ensuring customers and businesses of all types are successful in collaborating around a wide range of video content. It will be your job to understand the day-to-day needs of teams and organizations, how they utilize video content for their business, and how they collaborate with video content at scale.
We need a pragmatic, detailed-minded designer with a strong desire to create amazing products! Someone who has a strong visual point of view and loves working quickly to generate many different ideas. You should thrive on close collaboration with a cross-functional team and be prepared to lead the way in reimagining how we make the power of video accessible to everyone.
What you'll do:
- Drive design and vision for our best-in-class video collaboration products to transform the way our users – video professionals to educators, SMBs, and Enterprises – collaborate through video, advanced content permissioning and easy sharing.
- Work with your Product, Engineering and Marketing partners to launch and iterate premium product features and experiences across web and mobile platforms.
- Execute simple and elegant design solutions that enable Creators to collaborate efficiently with their external partners, as well as within internal teams.
- Design from the concept phase all the way to product release and beyond by crafting high level user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes.
- Work with our Consumer Insights and Data team to directly engage with users and translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into informed design decisions and new product concepts.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 4+ years of experience as a product designer, user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design.
- Strong familiarity with industry standard UX practices and methods. Seeks and provides feedback with a positive sense of curiosity!
- Ability to drive design concepts from business strategy discussions through to day-to-day hands-on design execution.
- Excellent user-centered design skills - you have a deep understanding of design fundamentals with a strong proficiency in Figma/Sketch and modern prototyping tools.
- Excellent communication skills - can clearly articulate your design vision and rationale through verbal and written explanation to any audience ranging from fellow designers to the leadership team.
- Ability to be autonomous - takes initiative and ownership of projects while collaborating with cross-functional partners and other designers.
- Recent portfolio or samples of web / native app product design work informed by quantitative or qualitative user research as well as the process that led to their launch.
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.