Vimeo is expanding the product offering and continuously growing the team, it is inevitable for people to introduce unnecessary risk while incorporating data changes. At Vimeo we believe that an effective data governance program is crucial for a company's success, and we want to achieve it by combining people, processes and technology to ensure high quality for our customers.
Financial Data Governance Committee (FDGC) is a leadership group providing a framework for definitions, standards, and data governance policies to ensure error-free financial and business reporting. This is accomplished by decreasing the number of data incidents, improving data quality, and promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
You will report to the Delivery and Continuous Improvement manager and will work closely with the VP of Data and VP of Analytics on building our Data Governance program. You will improve all aspects of Data Governance and help ensure success of projects across Vimeo. You will partner across the organization to continuously improve Vimeo's Data Governance capabilities and meet customer expectations related to Data Governance. We are looking for someone who excels in an agile environment and easily adjusts to rapid changes in people, process, and product.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the effort of creation and maintenance of Governance program implementation roadmap, help develop Measurements and Return on investment metrics
- Ensure that cross functional team is performing efficient planning and delivering according to a roadmap, help resolve impediments to successful implementation
- Develop an active relationship with important partners across the organization to facilitate program execution
- Establish roles and responsibilities related to Data Governance and ensure shared understanding
- Work in collaboration with Product, BI, Engineering, leadership teams to design and evolve how we govern data, enforce our policies, and audit and report on compliance
- Ensure that the requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Work with business to reduce Data Governance gaps and other identified risks
- Help Develop Data Governance related policies, standards and procedures
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a major product or services organization, with large-scale data and project management oversight experience
- Experience managing large-scale Data Governance projects with cross functional teams
- Excellent risk identification, collaboration and prioritization
- Experience leading program of projects in Agile manner
- Experience with Data Governance tools, data architecture and data warehouse tools
- A plus for deep understanding of data protection laws & regulations, privacy & security compliance frameworks
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.