Software Developer, Enterprise Analytics (Fullstack)
Our platform has robust analytics tools that can tell video creators where people are from, where they click and calculate how much bandwidth they have consumed—giving our customers insight into creating engaging content in the future.
You will create infrastructure and services that will enable our enterprise accounts to access their bandwidth consumption metrics. You will work with our product and engineering teams to help define data access and help implement systems to give deeper insightful data metrics to our enterprise customers.
What you’ll do:
- Build and improve tools that enable the enterprise accounts to learn about audience bandwidth consumption, whether it be through the Vimeo video player or by publishing to other social platforms
- Work closely with our Design, Product, and Analytics teams to move projects from conception to launch
- A/B test new features, analyze their results, and release improvements iteratively
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 4+ year knowledge of PHP programming and extensive experience with at least one server-side programming language (PHP, Python, Go, Java, Ruby, Node, etc)
- Experience and/or working knowledge of developing Restful web APIs
- Can design and implement systems with clarity, reusability, testability, and scalability in mind
- Intimate knowledge of relational database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc) and data modeling techniques
- Capable of writing tests for complex systems to ensure continued and measurable stability
- Can collaborate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Great planning skills, able to break down large projects into milestones and identify risks and dependencies
- Have a good eye for details; you catch bugs frequently and can provide meaningful feedback on the technical complexity of visual designs
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Data modeling techniques
- Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Flink, or similar data streaming and processing framework experience
- Airflow, Celery, or any other Open Source Data task processing system
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.