Here at Vimeo Israel (formerly Magisto), we develop Vimeo's automatic video creation tools. These A.I. based tools enable any user to create a video that looks professionally edited, in a very quick, simple and cost effective way. Our tools make video creation accessible to anyone, allowing any person to express themselves with high quality videos.
We are looking for an Algorithm developer to join our Machine Learning (ML) Research team.
The Machine Learning Research team at Vimeo is focused on unlocking opportunities for ML to make an impact, both to existing teams and products, as well as novel opportunities. We work with a wide selection of algorithms, to understand Users and Videos, based on various signals such as text, video and analytics.
In this role, you will be a key contributor in developing the full cycle of Machine Learning models, in Computer vision, NLP and audio from research to production.
What you’ll do:
- Perform literature research and evaluation of state of the art methods for various tasks in fields of : Computer Vision, NLP and Audio.
- Conduct a full cycle of development from problem definition, to optimizing solutions, for given constraints like performance and scalability.
- Be part of a cross functional team, exploring and evaluating potential impact to the problem in hand.
- Partner with relevant teams to deploy and apply research outcomes, as well as monitor KPIs and model performance in production.
- Learn and teach others on the state of the art AI technologies, take an active part in driving AI innovation across the organization.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- M.Sc or relevant industry experience with a focus on machine learning or related areas.
- At least 3 years experience in leading algorithmic teams, proven ability to hire and build teams.
- In-depth knowledge of deep learning with at least one of the following areas:
- Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Recommendation Systems, Search, Personalization, Reinforcement Learning.
- Strong understanding of the production aspects of machine learning models.
- Proven ability to set goals and Strong understanding and experience with Agile and OKRs methods.
- Good communication skills and ability to collaborate with global teams.
- Experience Video Analysis.
- Familiarity with experiment management platforms, KubeFlow, ClearML, etc.
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.