At the core of Vimeo’s DNA is a focus on creating a seamless and intuitive workflow for video creators, and designers at Vimeo have a major impact on the business. Since Vimeo’s inception, we've designed beautiful minimalistic UI, an incredibly friendly website, and engaging mobile and TV experiences. As a Senior Product Designer in this team, you will work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, team stakeholders, and other designers and creatives. You’ll have direct impact through design ownership of one or more facets of this product.
We have a big vision and we need the best people to help us get there.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver best-in-class user-experiences worthy of the Vimeo brand
- Execute simple and beautiful design solutions to complex problems, combining intuitive UX with a cohesive, cross-platform product on web and mobile
- Shepherd the design of new features from the concept phase all the way to release and beyond, creating product spec, process flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, data analysts and developers of diverse experience to reach our goals
- Engage with user feedback to identify quick wins and longer term opportunities
- Be autonomous - take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for every last detail in a timely fashion
- Grow your design toolset in a collaborative team of product designers
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 4+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar UX-related role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design
- Portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant product experience, showing work and process (and where relevant your specific contribution)
- Ability to communicate your design vision through verbal and written explanation, sketching, or quick mock-ups to small or large groups, from designers to the leadership team
- Excellent English language skills
- Bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent UX experience
- Experience working in a SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) technology company
- Deep experience with iOS, Android and Web design patterns/standards
- Prototyping know-how (Figma, Principle, Sketch or other commonly used design tools tools)
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.