The Head of Corporate Development will lead M&A for Vimeo. This role will be Vimeo’s first corporate development hire, and this person will be a key leader in the evaluation and execution of inorganic growth opportunities for Vimeo globally.
What you'll do:
- Partner with senior executives to identify acquisition opportunities that accelerate Vimeo’s mission
- Develop a network of entrepreneurs, industry contacts, venture capital investors and investment bankers to source investment opportunities
- Work with product teams to understand their roadmaps and needs to help inform deal sourcing and priorities
- Attend industry conferences, research adjacent markets and monitor competitors to identify M&A prospects that represent a good fit for Vimeo
- Conduct rigorous analysis to provide detailed guidance and insight regarding potential acquisitions
- Lead due diligence and integration efforts for acquisitions, including coordinating cross-functional engineering, product marketing, analytics, sales, and corporate teams during evaluation process
- Negotiate purchase price and deal terms, build financial models to support valuation and establish key benchmarks for post-close planning
- Develop acquisition playbooks to streamline the process and help Vimeo scale
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 10+ years experience in corporate development, venture capital, private equity or investment banking with a technology focus
- Tech, especially B2B SaaS, experience desired
- Experience driving multiple business deals through all phases; ability to manage complex negotiations from start to finish
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills whether it is presenting in a meeting or building out a deck
- Self-motivated, can-do attitude, problem-solver who can work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player who can work across multiple departments and levels within the company
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.