We are a team of high performing dynamic data engineers building the infrastructure for analytics to drive insights, to help drive a product that users love and enjoy. We are processing billions of records every day to make sense of the data we collect. We are looking for a data engineering intern who is passionate about building a robust analytics infrastructure and data pipelines that make an impact on the company and Vimeo users.
What you’ll do:
- Build end-to-end data pipelines to extract, transform and load data from various data sources
- Work with stakeholders to understand business needs and translate them into data products
- Contribute to our toolsets to make data pipeline development faster, more efficient and more repeatable
- Help automate testing and data validation while contributing to validation effort to improve data quality
- Contribute to data governance initiatives by improving and adding to data documentation
Who you are:
- You are currently pursuing a B.S. or M.S./Ph.D in Computer Science, Software Engineering, data science, business analytics or related technical field, with an expected graduation date of 2021 or 2022
- You have experience writing code in Python or an object oriented language
- You have experience with SQL and can comfortably retrieve data from a database
- You are familiar with database design, data streaming and storage concepts
- You are passionate about building a data infrastructure
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.