As Vimeo’s Lead of UX Research & Consumer Insights, you will report to the team's Director and work with employees across the organization on research initiatives that help develop deep customer empathy and understanding. We are looking for someone who craves to know the “why” behind the who, what, when, where and how.
This role will be tasked with managing and conducting user research with current and prospective Vimeo users, ensuring key partners throughout the company receive qualitative feedback on a consistent basis. We are seeking candidates who are equally creative and analytical, and those who can design and manage custom research studies for all business units, including product, design, and marketing.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and conduct UX research across all aspects of the Vimeo platform, and synthesize research findings into measurable insights for the Vimeo team
- Utilize existing research and data, integrating new sources of data to ensure the most impactful insights are shared with internal partners
- Collaborate with the Analytics & Testing team to integrate research findings with behavioral data to offer holistic insights
- Partner with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to drive beta testing and post launch usability research
- Lead recruitment efforts and moderation for all in-house 1:1 sessions, presenting findings to key partners
- Build knowledge of quantitative research skills relating to vendor management, survey design, programming, data tabulations and reporting
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 4-5 years of usability or market research experience working in the tech or digital spaces. Prior experience in video product research is a plus
- Demonstrated experience working with product and engineering teams to conduct discovery and usability research, providing clear recommendations
- Previous experience conducting qualitative research as well as in-person or remote interviews
- Fluency writing test plans and discussion guides for in-house/moderated or self-moderated research
- Experience using survey programming software such as Qualtrics Survey Monkey, Google Form, etc. Familiarity with UserTesting.com a plus
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.