Search and Recommendations is a small cross-functional team that connects Vimeo’s diverse user base with the diverse toolset that Vimeo offers. We own experiences like sitesearch, where millions of users go every month to get inspired, and we also power newer experiences like For Hire and Vimeo’s new profile page. We’re looking for a Front-End Engineer who can help our data-driven team delight our customers with inspiring and engaging experiences that allow creators to unlock the full potential of Vimeo.
What you’ll do:
- Own the frontend code from architecture to implementation
- Work with the team and Product Manager to design high level wireframes
- Spec out UIs which create a cohesive product vision designed to meet the individual information needs of each of our user segments
- Ensure our team is using the best and most appropriate UX technologies for the job
- Work with mobile engineers to ensure the team’s vision is realized across platforms
- Learn and teach within community of other UX Engineers working on neighboring cross-functional teams within the data organization
Skill and knowledge you should possess:
- A strong eye for product design and experience using one or more of the following technologies: InVision, Zeplin, Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Sketch
- An understanding of basic performance optimization for web applications
- A proven track record of 2+ years developing functional and performant applications
- Experience developing against RESTful APIs
- Big-picture thinking: understand how individual parts fit into the whole, and problem-solve for scale and efficiency
- Ability to communicate your ideas and integrate a diverse set of opinions in order to arrive at an optimal solution
- Thoughtfulness around making your UIs accessible
- Experience working on the server side when necessary (PHP, Python, Java, Go, NodeJs, etc.)
- Experience working with Search UIs (not required)
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs
<p style="color: white;">#LI-HS1</p>