We’re looking for a Sales Engineer to join our growing Sales Engineering team! As a Sales Engineer at Vimeo, you will partner with regional Sales as a technical resource while engaging with prospective clients within the media and business communications space. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding potential customers’ technical needs and translating how our platform offerings could be a fit. You will be proficient in the technical aspects of Vimeo’s platforms, and will architect solutions for potential customers. You will also act as the technical liaison between Vimeo’s potential customers and our product and engineering teams.
What you’ll do:
- Be the product expert able to represent all of Vimeo’s offerings on behalf of the sales team in the EMEA region
- Develop and maintain expertise in feature functionality and practical application of all Vimeo product offerings
- Help companies across varying industries to understand and evaluate the technical capabilities of our products, leading evaluation cycles to gain product fit consensus.
- Understand and interpret prospective customer requirements, delivering customized product demonstrations to match customer needs
- Design, validate, and document technical solutions to share with prospective customers and Vimeo teams.
- Collect and analyze feedback from prospective customers to influence roadmap, collaborating with sales engineering, engineering, and product management teams to meet our prospects’ business challenges and align with Vimeo’s business objectives
- Participate in RFI/RFP process and respond to technical assessments
Skills and knowledge you possess:
- 3-5 years of experience working in a sales engineering or solution architecting capacity, preferably in the digital video industry
- Experience with live streaming, client-side coding languages, REST-based APIs a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to build relationships with potential customers, understand their environment, and introduce new concepts to solve problems
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities
- Comfort with a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Passion for problem solving and roll up your sleeves demeanor