The Growth team at Vimeo sits at the intersection of product, marketing, and data -- exploring opportunities to grow our user base and revenue across the product. The team’s challenge is to identify the highest impact ideas and turn them into compelling customer experiences that grow the business.
Vimeo’s Growth team needs a pragmatic, tenacious design leader with a strong bias for action. Someone who loves data, is enthusiastic about users, and thrives at iterating and generating strong hypothesis-driven ideas and designs!
What you’ll do:
- Lead the data-informed product design vision and ideation of user-centric experiences that support key Growth metrics and Vimeo’s product vision
- Develop, lead and inspire a best-in-class growth product design team, crafting a diverse and inclusive environment for them to learn an experimentation based approach to design
- Partner with tech, product and insight counterparts to identify problem spaces and develop hypotheses to test, learn and iterate
- Build high impact design frameworks and drive process for enabling a dynamic collaboration among design, product, engineering, data, and marketing
- Directly engage with users and translate quantitative data, qualitative insights, and prior experiment results into informed design decisions and new insights
- Execute simple and appealing designs at a rapid cadence from the concept phase all the way to release and beyond, crafting high level user stories, process flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Demonstrated ability as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design
- Experience managing and mentoring other product designers
- Phenomenal user-centered design skills - you are detail-oriented and have a deep understanding of design fundamentals with a proficiency in Figma/Sketch and modern prototyping tools
- Excellent communication skills - you can clearly articulate your design vision through verbal and written explanation, sketching, or quick mock-ups to small or large groups, from designers to the leadership team
- Ability to be autonomous - you take initiative and ownership of projects while effectively collaborating with cross-functional partners and other designers, seeking and providing feedback with a positive sense of curiosity.
- Portfolio or samples of responsive web and native product design work informed by quantitive and qualitive user research
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Experience working on growth teams, product onboarding, or buying experiences
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.