Vimeo’s platform provides the highest quality video tools for filmmakers, businesses, and video lovers around the globe. We take our insights seriously and encourage a culture of data-driven decisions for both product and business. The Business Intelligence team turns that data into helpful, actionable insights for the entire organization.
We are looking for an experienced Data Solutions Architect to join our BI team and work closely with our BI analysts and our BI Engineering team to organize data structures and advise on data strategy and governance in the context of business and product reporting needs. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a bias for action and results, with experience in a fast-paced, data-driven environment.
What you'll do:
- Plan, organize, and maintain data tables and dashboards for scalable, refreshable analysis and reporting
- Understand business requirements and develop data models usable by users and efficient for ETLs
- Lead data governance efforts in standardization of metrics, data documentation, and data catalogs
- Create and enable the creation of ad-hoc / on-demand data sets for use by analysts
- Optimize Looker performance and reliability
- Work with Engineering teams to set up monitoring and alerting systems for business and product KPIs
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 10+ years working with Analytics and Engineering teams with a mixed data engineering and analytics background
- Experience with:
- Python 2.7 and 3.x
- Snowflake or other column-oriented and cloud-based databases
- Working knowledge of data pipeline development, workflow management and orchestration tools, and ETL optimization and best practices
- Relational database design, large data sets (terabyte scale), and data modeling concepts, techniques, and best practices including dimensional modeling, star schema, Data Vault
- Experience leading initiatives around data governance, master data management, data catalogs and enterprise data warehouse architecture
- Strong analytical skills, data sensibility, and an able communicator
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Prior management experience is a plus
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs