As an Application Security Engineer on our Security Engineering team, you will support our cloud infrastructure by developing tools, building services and providing consultative services to our engineering teams. You will be a key member safeguarding our users who entrust Vimeo with their content every day. You will build tools, and services (We use Python, and Go). You’ll plan and carry out security measures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks. You love to solve puzzles, and are a great team player
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the infrastructure, application and security teams at Vimeo
- Create services, tools and process to manage the security of our applications
- Perform regular security assessments of Vimeo’s platforms and software
- Identify and remediate weaknesses in our processes and procedures
- Configure systems to comply with industry best practices and hardening standards
- Prioritize, triage and remediate vulnerabilities and findings from system scans and bug bounty programs
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Solid understanding of OSI model, TCP/IP, HTTP and TLS
- Understands the principle of least privilege and the confidentiality, integrity, and availability triad and will work to enforce those concepts in our environment
- Experience with web application penetration testing
- Experience with languages such as Python, Go, Ruby, PHP, Node.js
- Experience with secure coding practices and automating security checks in pipelines
- Comfortable working in and across cloud environments like AWS and GCP
- Comfortable with DevOps style tools like Ansible, Chef, Terraform, GitHub, Jenkins, Puppet, etc.
- Link to a Github repo with security tools/scripts you’ve developed or help maintain
- Web development experience or open source vulnerability research
- Experience with system security hardening guidelines and SDLC principles
Vimeo is the world's leading professional video platform and community. We empower over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world's largest brands — to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos and to reach teams, audiences and customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. We're headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse and global community that we serve, and we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders and culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.