Vimeo’s platform provides the highest quality video tools for filmmakers, businesses, and video lovers around the globe. We take our insights seriously and encourages a culture of data-driven decisions for both product and business development. As members of the Business Intelligence team, we turn data into helpful, actionable insights for the entire organization, and we are looking for an experienced senior data scientist to support our Business Intelligence and Data Analytics teams. This person should have a strong background in statistics and time series modeling and be an effective communicator with a wide variety of stakeholders. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a bias for action and results, ideally with experience in a fast-paced, data-driven environment.
What you'll do:
- Work alongside our data analysts and provide mathematical and statistical guidance to ensure modeling best practices
- Develop and maintain general mathematical and statistical frameworks and models for use by data analysts
- Work alongside our data analysts to design, implement, and run statistical experiments in partnership with Product Managers in the context of product development and optimization
- Develop, implement, and test time series (and other) models to detect trends and changes in trends to subscription, funnel, and financial metrics
- Create and maintain, in collaboration with our data engineers, high-quality aggregated data sets from unstructured raw data to efficiently address product and business questions
- Collaborate with Finance, Sales, Engineering, Marketing, and Product stakeholders to rationalize loosely defined questions and hypotheses into an automated and reusable analytical framework within the appropriate business context
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Master’s or PhD with 2+ years in a Data Science role or Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field with 5+ years in a Data Science / Data Analytics role
- Experience with
- SQL is a must
- Python is a must with the usual data science-centric libraries
- Working with large data sets (terabyte scale)
- Working with Engineering teams is preferred
- SaaS (specifically subscription) metrics and cohort modelling
- Hypothesis testing, A/B testing, Bayesian inference, time series modeling, linear and non-linear regression, clustering and classification, as well as statistical and machine learning methods
- Strong analytical skills, data sensibility, and an inclination to educate
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and produce tangible results
- Can you explain Quadratic Discriminant Analysis to audiences of varying technical fluency?
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 150 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.