About the team:
Video is 80% of today’s global Internet traffic. The Engineering team at Vimeo is building AI-driven tools to help anyone who wants to make a video. Our mission includes modernizing video playback and transcoding technologies with AI, and understanding what makes hundreds of millions of high quality videos on our platform successful. You can help make an impact.
What you’ll do:
- Design and build data pipelines and production-level machine learning (ML) infrastructure, using tools such as TensorFlow, Kubernetes, TFX, Kubeflow Pipelines, Apache Beam, Spark and cloud platforms. Leverage your experience to drive best practices in ML systems and data engineering.
- Bring ML research from Notebooks to production. Deploy ML models under the constraints of scalability, correctness, and maintainability, with hardware acceleration techniques. Optimize and give feedback to research-level models to bring them to production level.
- Collaborate with cross functional agile teams of machine learning engineers, video engineers, data engineers, and others, in building machine learning infrastructure that best supports the ML needs at Vimeo.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- MS degree or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field.
- 5+ years of machine learning product development experience, using state-of-the-art tooling and have a deep understanding of the best practices for ML systems.
- Fluency in using a neural network framework such as TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, PyTorch, Theano, or MXNet
- Ability to architect data pipelines using tools like Apache Beam or Spark. You have experience with setting organization wide best practices for data.
- Ability to build APIs and libraries for Java, Scala or Python.
- Concern for agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- A keen interest in studying the latest publications in the machine learning community.
- Skilled communication and a proven record of leading work across disciplines.
Bonus Points (Nice Skills to Have, but Not Needed):
- Experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Google Cloud Dataflow, Hadoop, Scalding, Spark, Storm, Cassandra, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with developing insights and models using unstructured data (like clickstreams), experience with search and recommendation systems (learn-to-rank, collaborative filtering, NLP for search, etc.)
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. With over 150 million members across more than 150 countries, we help anyone grow their business by making it easy to create and market high-quality, impactful videos.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world, and is an operating business of IAC. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.