About the team:
Video is 80% of today’s global Internet traffic. The Engineering team at Vimeo is building AI-driven tools to help anyone who wants to make a video. Our mission includes modernizing video playback and transcoding technologies with AI, and understanding what makes hundreds of millions of high quality videos on our platform successful. You can help make an impact.
What you’ll do:
- Design and build data pipelines and production-level machine learning (ML) infrastructure, using tools such as TensorFlow, Kubernetes, TFX, Kubeflow Pipelines, Apache Beam, Spark and cloud platforms. Leverage your experience to drive best practices in ML systems and data engineering.
- Bring ML research from Notebooks to production. Deploy ML models under the constraints of scalability, correctness, and maintainability, with hardware acceleration techniques. Optimize and give feedback to research-level models to bring them to production level.
- Collaborate with cross functional agile teams of machine learning engineers, video engineers, data engineers, and others, in building machine learning infrastructure that best supports the ML needs at Vimeo.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- MS degree or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field.
- 5+ years of machine learning product development experience, using state-of-the-art tooling and have a deep understanding of the best practices for ML systems.
- Fluency in using a neural network framework such as TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, PyTorch, Theano, or MXNet
- Ability to architect data pipelines using tools like Apache Beam or Spark. You have experience with setting organization wide best practices for data.
- Ability to build APIs and libraries for Java, Scala or Python.
- Concern for agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- A keen interest in studying the latest publications in the machine learning community.
- Skilled communication and a proven record of leading work across disciplines.
Bonus Points (Nice Skills to Have, but Not Needed):
- Experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Google Cloud Dataflow, Hadoop, Scalding, Spark, Storm, Cassandra, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with developing insights and models using unstructured data (like clickstreams), experience with search and recommendation systems (learn-to-rank, collaborative filtering, NLP for search, etc.)
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.