At Vimeo, we love designing and engineering tools that combine power with ease of use. Our engineers work on professional-grade video tools for creators and have the opportunity to do way more than write code.
About the team:
We’re a small team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, and is driven by careful attention to detail and planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great technology and believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, and one another.
What you’ll do:
- Build and improve tools for video creators that combine high-quality user experience with performance and scalability
- Work closely with our Design and Product teams to move projects from conception to launch, then iterate and test new features
- Grow technically and professionally in a collaborative and inclusive environment with opportunities to learn and share with others
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- A strong eye for product design and interactivity, and unwavering attention to detail
- Big-picture thinking: understand how individual parts fit into the whole, and problem-solve for scale and efficiency
- Experience with the React framework
- Good knowledge of Css, Styled components
- Experience working on the server side when necessary (PHP, Python, Java, Go, NodeJs, etc.)
- Experience working with Restful APIs
- An understanding of basic performance optimization for web applications
- Are able to communicate and collaborate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Pay great attention to detail–whether building a tool for reviewing videos or processing subscription payments, the details are crucial on a team entrusted with supporting the work of hundreds of thousands of professional videographers and businesses
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.