At Vimeo, we love designing and engineering the best video upload experience on the web. As an engineer on the upload infrastructure team, not only will you write code, you’ll balance your knowledge of programming with performance in order to create the fastest and most reliable uploading experience on the web, from device to data center. This role centers around ownership of the public upload API but will grow to take on exciting product and infrastructure projects.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll be fixing bugs and making small improvements to the upload API to establish familiarity with the upload stack.
- You will be contributing to visible features in the upload user workflow.
- You will be contributing to developer SDKs for the upload API to bring the best upload experience to our mobile and desktop clients, writing new cloud services and application code as needed to offer new upload features, and make improvements to our hosted tus.io server that supports our developer API.
- Day-to-day, you’ll work with your fellow upload team members, the API team, and the community team to create the best upload experience. You’ll be spending half your time working on new projects and half on maintenance and ensuring reliability and security.
- High level: the team is concerned first and foremost with the speed and reliability of the upload experience and thinks deeply and proactively about the value upload features can bring to our users.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- An API Engineer that wants to think expansively about how they can grow and contribute to the upload platform, specifically through product application and infrastructure development.
- Great attention to detail: features as highly visible and critical as uploads on the Vimeo platform require a careful eye and an empathetic approach to user experience.
- Experience with at least one server-side programming language (PHP, Python, Go, Java, Ruby, Node)
- Familiarity with PHP web applications
- Experience with mobile development (Kotlin, Swift)
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 80 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.