Vimeo is a leading online video platform with more than 240 million visitors per month. We provide an expansive, high-end toolset for video creators, creative professionals, and businesses to host, manage, and showcase their videos online. Our advanced platform and passionate members are matched by an equally remarkable Support + Community team who provide expert assistance on topics like video playback, compression, uploading, embedding, and API integrations.
We’re looking for a problem solver with strong customer service skills and a technical background in online video delivery. The Video Support manager will take on the important role of supporting customer inquiries for our prized asset, the Vimeo player. This position involves thoroughly investigating customer issues, reporting bugs with precision to engineering, creating internal and external support documentation, and educating colleagues on how to best support the full video delivery flow from upload and video compression through playback in the Vimeo player.
- Handle escalated support tickets from other team members, providing prompt, friendly, expert assistance to users
- Be the community point-person for the launch of all new video technology products
- Maintain lists of top pain points and feature requests, culled from feedback delivered through email inquiries
- Provide user-facing help content (“Getting Started” guide, FAQs)
- Develop internal documentation to educate other support agent on the technicalities of video delivery
- Act as Community Team product liaison and user advocate for video technologies, including the uploading, transcoding, and video playback
- Work with QA, engineering, and product teams to prioritize top issues impacting users
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 2+ years experience working in customer support and/or account management role at a media company
- Experience troubleshooting complex technical issues involving video files and playback
- Solid understanding of digital video/ audio compression codecs like H.264, ProRes, HEVC, and AAC
- Knowledge of video delivery protocols (MPEG-DASH, HLS) over content delivery networks (CDN’s)
- Experience using video editing programs (Premiere, Final Cut)
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience using a bug tracking system and ticketing technical issues
- Passion for new and emerging video technologies (HDR, 360 video, etc)
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories, and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 80 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible. Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.