Vimeo’s Director of Product Management, Technology and Video will steer the delivery of our central technology and video products across web, mobile, OTT and through our API. We’re looking for an extremely deep understanding of the video technology ecosystem and a recognition of the value of best-in-class video technology for our Creators. This role will focus on 4 key areas: roadmap prioritization and execution, external and internal evangelism for Vimeo technology and product, partner relationships. Experience in SaaS businesses highly preferred.
What you’ll do:
- Revolutionize video streaming and hosting by leading the prioritization and delivery of key features for our video technology roadmap
- Establish KPIs and success standards, regularly analyzing data to measure the quality of our video technology
- Review existing partner relationships, guiding build vs buy discussions in DRM, live transcoding, 360, VR, and other related tech
- Research and identify partnerships and opportunities for membership at Open Media Alliance, DASH, etc.
- Work across Vimeo to evangelize our video technology and product, regularly exceeding the expectations of our Creator community
- Push Vimeo’s technology and video products to set the standard in video delivery, transcoding, and playback
- Act as a video product thought leader, speaking and representing Vimeo’s technology at NAB, IBC, SXSW, etc, and identifying team speaking opportunities
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 7+ years of experience in product management with deep domain expertise in video technology
- Experience leading a team of Product Managers
- Hands-on experience with a complex and sophisticated video creator tools or other video technology
- Ability to define success metrics and work with business intelligence to track, analyze and report on key performance indicators
- Strong experience in competitive analysis across the video ecosystem
- Demonstrated success launching new and innovative products online
- Former engineering experience and/or video technology experience highly preferred
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 70 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.