Vimeo’s mission is to empower creators to create, distribute and monetize amazing videos directly to viewers worldwide, in the highest quality possible, with no interruptive advertising.
The Vimeo Core SaaS team is looking for a versatile content strategist to craft compelling product messaging and partner with Vimeo designers, product managers, engineers, and product marketers to plan and create the voice for Vimeo’s suite of products. Your job will be to analyze the current product voice, strategize whatever new approach is needed, and then implement and continually improve that content.
We're looking for someone who has experience making complex interfaces and interactions feel easy to understand and use. We need someone who is versatile and who is able to plan and write content for web and mobile interfaces, including interaction flows, product tours, transactional emails and educational content, as well as apply consistent standards and elevate the overall quality of our work. We need someone who loves both high-level strategy and hands-on writing and editing for web and mobile experiences. They must be able to understand design thinking and user experience while thriving in a flat, fast-moving organization that uses lightweight processes to have a huge impact. You’ll have direct impact on Vimeo’s business through design ownership of the creator ecosystem that powers Vimeo on mobile and desktop web (think uploading video, team collaboration, customization tools, video interaction tools and much more). We have a big vision and we need good people to help us get there.
What you’ll do:
- Plan, write, edit, test and improve content including interface language, product education materials, product names, navigational nomenclature and other content.
- Help to strategize, apply and maintain consistency with content standards, and evolve Vimeo’s voice.
- Work as part of a focused UX team to lift the key business metrics that help Vimeo to grow
- Execute simple and beautiful copy that combines intuitive UX with a cohesive, cross-platform product.
- Be autonomous. Take full ownership your work, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Promote content strategy at Vimeo and in the broader community of design and content professionals.
How you’ll do it:
- Create copy for new features. You’ll be a part of the process from the concept phase all the way to release day and beyond.
- Communicate your ideas, concepts, and “aha!” moments clearly to your teammates, and bring them into conversation on how to take our products to the next level.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and developers of all levels and diverse experience to creatively solve problems and reach our goals.
- Based on product learnings, advocate for new UX initiatives that improve our product across all platforms
- Regularly audit copy as it exists on legacy sections of the site and suggest changes.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Please include a link to samples of your work that show an experience across content types. You may want to show us content you’ve created for user interfaces, microcopy, user education, direct or transactional emails or product launch content.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4-6 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience writing, editing and/or planning online content (could be for a publication, company website, personal blog, mobile app and so on).
- Knowledge of design and communication trends.
- A hunger to hone your talents in a collaborative environment.
- Strong experience with product/iterative work with a single product or client.
- Experience engaging directly with users of a product you’ve worked on.
- Strong ability to communicate your copy vision through verbal and written explanation, to small or large groups.
- Well-rounded understanding of user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles.
- Experience working in a collaborative team of designers, product managers, and engineers for implementation of your work (hands-on instead of hand offs).
- A bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent UX experience is ideal.
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories, and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 70 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible. Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.