Launched in 2020, Village Gourmet brings together specialty producers of fine meat and snacking options to help America eat better. With a dedication to quality, Village Gourmet supports its specialty food brands with the resources they need to grow operations and bring their products to consumers across the country.
Comprised of four SQF-certified facilities across the USA and a national marketing and sales network, companies within Village Gourmet share the same commitment to using time-honored recipes and high-quality ingredients, from fresh sausage, classic charcuterie, accompaniments, snacks, and more.
Since 1975 3 Little Pigs has become one of the most awarded specialty food companies in North America, winning critical acclaim and 21 national food awards. With a commitment to making all-natural products using quality ingredients in time-honored recipes, free from artificial ingredients or preservatives, 3 Little Pigs offers a range of French charcuterie and snacks that are as gourmet as they are accessible.
For more than 30 years Fabrique Delices has been preparing time-honored charcuterie classics alongside innovative products. Our products are made in small batches, the Artisanal way, according to Authentic French recipes. We are proud to bring the finest in high quality gourmet with over 100 different products.
The Sales Representative Charcuterie brands J1 level, reports directly to the VP of Charcuterie Sales and is responsible for increasing distribution of 3 Little Pigs & Fabrique Delices’ products in the NY Metro and Tristate area, by aggressively pursuing new customer prospects, distributor growth opportunities and maintaining a focus on key accounts. This role actively manages daily activity with each account working with both food service and retail customers in a fast-paced environment.
$20.00 – $24.00 per hour, based on skills and experience.
- Execute short and long-term sales objectives and strategies for market.
- Call on Key Accounts in the area to ensure distribution, daily ordering, programming, brand familiarity, staff trainings and proper visibility.
- Develop and maintain daily sales contact with all major customers and new prospects.
- Maintain and expand existing distribution and volume sales.
- Schedule / conduct distributor meetings to inform, educate and to optimize sales performance.
- Submit and review a weekly account report, monthly calendar and sales planner.
- Distributor local roadwork and trade show travels.
- Provide merchandising and category recommendations to support sales growth.
- Monitor competitor activity and report meaningful and actionable recommendations.
- 2-5 years of relevant sales experience. Proven track record of closed sales.
- Thorough meat industry knowledge and awareness of current trends and competitive analysis
- Proven negotiation and relationship-building skills.
- Customer-facing presentation skills with both small & large groups, face-to-face & virtual.
- Ability to communicate with team members in an open and direct manner while conveying information clearly and concisely.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Comfort and proficiency in business applications (MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, CRM)
This role is a full-time hourly position that is normally scheduled:
Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Overtime work may be required based on the needs of the business. Overtime pay is 1.5 x the base rate for all hours worked over 40 within a work week.
** Regular travel when needed for roadwork and food dhows, 40-50 % of the time.
- Paid vacation (PTO)
- Paid sick/personal days
- 401K, with employer match
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- FSA Spending Accounts – Medical and Dependent Care
- Company paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Paid company holidays
Affirmative action plan/equal employment opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement
Village Gourmet provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.