Launched in 2020, Village Gourmet brings together specialty producers of fine meat and snacking options to help America eat better. With a dedication to quality, Village Gourmet supports its specialty food brands with the resources they need to grow operations and bring their products to consumers across the country.
Comprised of four SQF-certified facilities across the USA and a national marketing and sales network, companies within Village Gourmet share the same commitment to using time-honored recipes and high-quality ingredients, from fresh sausage, classic charcuterie, accompaniments, snacks, and more.
Since 1975 3 Little Pigs has become one of the most awarded specialty food companies in North America, winning critical acclaim and 21 national food awards. With a commitment to making all-natural products using quality ingredients in time-honored recipes, free from artificial ingredients or preservatives, 3 Little Pigs offers a range of French charcuterie and snacks that are as gourmet as they are accessible.
House of Bricks is the manufacturing facility for 3 Little Pigs that is located in Wilkes Barre, PA.
The Plant Manager oversees all aspects of the operation locally. The PM contributes to and collaborates with all business units as needed or as requested; Creates and supports practices that optimize efficiency and economy of operations toward company fiscal performance by executing the following responsibilities personally or through subordinate supervision.
$140,000 - $150,000 per year, depending on experience and qualifications.
- Manage subordinate departments responsible for Administration, Maintenance, Production, Purchasing, Sanitation, Warehouse and Quality Control providing direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Fulfills supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching employees; addressing consumer complaints and resolving issues.
- Motivates supervision to maintain positive attributes while working efficiently. Monitor and control morale by using company accepted procedures.
- Coordinates activities of the BU departments such as manufacturing, administration, purchasing, maintenance, sanitation, quality control and research + development, to effect operational efficiency and economy.
- In concert with corporate Human Resources, plans, develops, and implements policies and goals directed toward employee welfare and positive business performance.
- Directs and originates promotion of products manufactured, or services performed to develop new markets, increase share of market, and obtain competitive position in the industry.
- Analyzes division or department budget requests to identify areas in which effective changes can be made and allocates the operating budget towards overall BU profitability.
- Meets with appropriate personnel to review sales reports for determining business direction forward with a continuous improvement goal.
- Front line involvement in the development of new products focusing on feasibility and effective implementation.
- Directly involved with procurement in the sourcing of new items while always looking for improved quality and value in established materials.
- Submits action plans toward operational improvement of the BU using input from plant maintenance and corporate engineering groups.
- Sets forth goals and creates focal points for subordinates towards effective operation of the BU.
- Directly involved with BU associates providing a visible front line presence offering accessibility and open communication.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven work experience as a Plant Manager
- Proven managerial experience
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with manufacturing industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Suite
- ERP/ Data systems experience
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
This role is a regular employee, full-time salary position that is normally scheduled:
- Monday through Friday, 6:30 am – 3:30 pm
Overtime work may be required based on the needs of the business, including some weekends and off-hours.
- Eligible for quarterly bonus
- Paid sick/personal days
- 401K with employer match
- Paid vacation
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Paid company holidays
Manufacturing environment: Majority of work is completed in a refrigerated factory floor/warehouse environment with exposure to loud levels of noise in a well-lit, well-ventilated, and fast paced environment. Continuously required to stand, walk, hear and/or respond to verbal/audio cues, see and/or respond to visual cues, perform repetitive motions of entire body, and adjust product with hands and/or hand tools. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is often exposed to moderate levels of cold and/or heat.
Affirmative action plan/equal employment opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement
Village Gourmet provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.