Launched in 2020, Village Gourmet brings together specialty producers of fine meat and snacking options to help America eat better. With a dedication to quality, Village Gourmet supports its specialty food brands with the resources they need to grow operations and bring their products to consumers across the country.
Comprised of four SQF-certified facilities across the USA and a national marketing and sales network, companies within Village Gourmet share the same commitment to using time-honored recipes and high-quality ingredients, from fresh sausage, classic charcuterie, accompaniments, snacks, and more.
The Sales Support Specialist role reports directly to the Brand and Sales Planning Manager and is responsible for handling the administrative tasks and providing support to enable the field sales team to sell better, faster, and more efficiently.
$50,000-$65,000 based on experience and qualifications.
- Provide Support across the field sales organization to include:
- Regular data entry and form completion for retail customers
- New customer Set Up
- Contract completion and submission
- Record new account information
- Maintain sales documentation, applications, and tools
- Master in-depth knowledge of the company’s services and line of products
- Management of brand presence on customer portals such as Retail Link and others
- Compile and complete weekly internal reports against performance initiatives
- Assist in the development and maintenance of national price lists across all brands
- Oversight and maintenance of internal sales platforms
- Support with financial reconciliation
- Support with Sample orders and execution of shipments
- Provide customer support with complaints, technical issues, and other tasks
- Assist sales team as needed to help customers and make sales
- Assist as needed throughout the process of RFP completion for potential customers
- Help with item assortment, SKU optimization within existing customers
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelors degree with major in business-related subject preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a sales support role in Food or CPG industry.
- Desire to work in the food industry and interest in gourmet products
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once
- Communicate and work collaboratively with all levels of the field sales team
- Comfortable working and communicating with all other internal departments
- Proficiently use Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Willingness to support Field Sales with ongoing customer support efforts
- Relentless desire to learn and grow
This role is full-time (exempt) position with typical working hours from 8:30a-5:30p.
Overtime work may be required based on the needs of the business.
If based in NYC, this role will be hybrid with a minimum of 3 days in office each week. If remote, this role will require occasional travel to NYC headquarters and production facilities.
- Eligible for Annual Village Gourmet Management bonus targeted at 10%
- Paid sick/personal days
- 401K with employer match
- Paid vacation
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Paid company holidays
General office environment: Majority of work is completed in a general office environment with exposure to moderate levels of noise in a well-lit, well-ventilated, and moderately paced environment. Continuously required to sit, hear and/or respond to verbal/audio cues, see and/or respond to visual cues perform repetitive motions of hands and wrists, and read computer screen. Occasionally required to stand or walk. Rarely required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, bend, or reach with hands and arms. Rarely required to, push, pull and/or carry objects up to 50 pounds. Rarely exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Affirmative action plan/equal employment opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement
Village Gourmet provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.