At Vigilant, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a company like no other in Montreal. We design and deploy technology and infrastructure solutions for use in the global financial markets, so you’ll gain exposure to both the finance and tech industries. Our formula for success is really simple: we use best in class technology to drive our business and employ naturally motivated people in an environment that inspires innovation. If this sounds like you, then keep reading:
Our real-time trading team is currently growing and expanding its strategies and scope to include real-time equity trading. In order to support this growth and for the traders to achieve success, our team has recently decided to create an Equity Research Analyst role to cover our real-time trading strategy for North American equities.
We are looking for an entrepreneurially minded candidate to build-out and grow our research capabilities to expand our proven trading strategies into new areas. You must have the mindset to drive revenues and trading profits and never stray from that goal.
If you wish to be part of a dynamic company that values and recognizes your skills, ambition and ideas, you’ll have:
- Completed a Bachelor degree in finance or any related field
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in an equity research role, preferably with focus on US equities
- Excellent written and communication skills to present complete and cohesive findings. Ability to produce clear, logical and convincing arguments and explain complex ideas simply
- Excellent reading comprehension and ability to absorb large amounts of information; intellectually curious and committed to learning
- Self-starter skills with a strong work ethic, commitment to task and an attention to detail without losing sight of big picture
- Strong financial and analytical skills – ability to connect the dots
- Experience using Bloomberg terminal and other market data platforms such as Thomson Reuters Eikon
- CFA designation or working towards it will be consider as an asset
As an Equity Research for Vigilant, here are somethings you will focus on:
- Leading development in building out research for new real-time equity trading desk
- Working directly with real-time traders to develop and implement trading strategy
- Providing tactical commentary under pressure and severe time crunch to alert traders
- Identifying new corporate event driven trading opportunities
- Creating and maintaining daily equity report including pre-market activity and post-trade analysis.
- Building tools to support the team research efforts (screens, some technical analysis) and keeping up-to-date with important industry events.
- Building and maintaining relationships with sell-side equity research analysts.
- Reading equity reports and helping identify potential trading catalysts around specific companies and industries.
- Staying up-to-date with geopolitical events that could have material effect on specific company stock prices.
Why are we one of the Top Employers in Montreal for 5 years running?
- Our competitive salary and bonus structure
- A comprehensive benefits program starting on the first day of employment for you and your dependents and significant others
- The opportunity to continually re-train and learn new skills as to keep pace with the latest trends in the industry
- Transportation - we pay for your train pass, bus pass, and parking
- A commitment to the community and 40 hours of annual paid volunteer time
- A casual environment where you work with passionate, smart people who care much more about how you think than what you wear!