At Vigilant, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a company like no other in Montreal. We design and deploy technology and infrastructure solutions for use in the global financial markets, so you’ll gain exposure to both the finance and tech industries. Our formula for success is really simple: we use best in class technology to drive our business and employ naturally motivated people in an environment that inspires innovation. If this sounds like you, then keep reading:
Our Real-time Strategy team is looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual to help develop trading strategy that will allow us to capture and monetize market moving events. To this end, you will work alongside a small team to provide insight and help flesh out new opportunity.
Working at the intersection of markets and global events, and by employing tech solutions to service our needs, Vigilant will provide you the opportunity to exercise your passion for markets and geopolitics, and to leverage your ambition in a fast-paced and ever-changing market environment.
If you wish to be part of a dynamic company that values and recognizes your skills, ambition and ideas, you’ll have:
- A passion for the field of geopolitics and finance.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Political Science or any related program.
- Strong organizational skills and close attention to detail.
- A willingness to learn and an ability to adapt to constantly evolving demands.
- A creativity and drive to help improve our processes and trading methodologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
As a Real-time Strategy Analyst for Vigilant, here are somethings you will focus on:
- Use available resources and extensive research to distil “market sentiment”.
- Help analyze and make sense of seemingly unrelated events.
- Use the insight gleaned to develop strategy allowing traders to monetize market events.
- Bring fresh ideas and approach to help refine existing practices and seek out new opportunity.
Why are we one of the Top Employers in Montreal for 5 Years Running?
- Our competitive salary and bonus structure
- A comprehensive benefits program starting on the first day of employment for you and your dependents and significant others
- The opportunity to continually re-train and learn new skills as to keep pace with the latest trends in the industry
- Transportation - we pay for your train pass, bus pass, and parking – even Bixi!
- Breakfast, lunch & snacks – every day
- A commitment to the community and 40 hours of annual paid volunteer time
- A casual environment where you work with passionate, smart people who care much more about how you think than what you wear!