At Vigilant, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a company like no other in Montreal. We design and deploy technology and infrastructure solutions for use in the global financial markets, so you’ll gain exposure to both the finance and tech industries. Our formula for success is really simple: we use best in class technology to drive our business and employ naturally motivated people in an environment that inspires innovation. If this sounds like you, then keep reading:
Our Trade Execution team is looking for a passionate Senior Software Developer C++ to develop new and improve existing software that’s critical to Vigilant’s mission. You’ll work in multiple languages with emerging technologies.
If you want to be part of a company that values and recognizes your skills, your ambition and your ideas, you’ll have:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant software development experience
- Strong understanding of C++, boost, STL.
- A strong understanding of software development principles (OO design, TDD, etc)
- A BSc or MSc Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience with software performance and scalability analysis
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams
- Self-motivation, curiosity and passion for technology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
As a Senior Software Developer C++ for Vigilant, here are some of the things you’ll focus on:
- Designing and implementing financial trading systems
- Building scalable and performant software using software engineering best practices
- Driving projects and leading new initiatives
- Actively engage with others on the development team to resolve challenging design and coding issues
- Creating common services, templates, and utilities that can be leveraged across the development team to accelerate delivery
- Identifying and implement best practices for the architecture and software design that can be adopted by the development team
- Evaluating appropriate new technologies, tools, frameworks and software components for Integration
Why are we one of the Top Employers in Montreal for 5 years running?
- Our competitive salary and bonus structure
- A comprehensive benefits program starting on the first day of employment for you and your dependents and significant others
- The opportunity to continually re-train and learn new skills as to keep pace with the latest trends in the industry
- Transportation - we pay for your train pass, bus pass, parking – even Bixi!
- Breakfast, lunch & snacks – every day
- A commitment to the community and 40 hours of annual paid volunteer time
- A casual environment where you work with passionate, smart people who care much more about how you think than what you wear!