At Vigilant, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a company like no other in Montreal. We design and deploy technology and infrastructure solutions for use in global financial markets, so you’ll gain exposure to both the finance and tech industries. Our formula for success is really simple: we use best in class technology to drive our business and employ naturally motivated people in an environment that inspires innovation. If this sounds like you, then keep reading:
Currently, we are recruiting for a Junior Real-Time Trader for a 4-month contract which will start in June 2017 with possibility of full-time employment. The Trading Strategist is responsible for the development and implementation of tradable qualitative strategies. He or she will be integral in the interaction between various research and trading teams.
If you want to be part of a company that values and recognizes your skills, your ambition and your ideas, you’ll have:
- A Bachelors or Masters in Economics, Finance, Political Science, Law
- 1 year of experience with financial markets
- Strong interest in learning about global markets and world economies
- The ability to work well as part of a team and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure
- The availability to work outside of normal work hours
(And if you are a new graduate, we want to talk to you too!)
As a Junior Real-Time Trader for Vigilant, here are some of the things you’ll focus on:
- Monitoring fundamental, geopolitical, and macroeconomic news and its impact across financial markets
- Developing and executing trade strategies
- Researching and analyzing trends across major financial markets and cultivate a thorough understanding of current world events
- Collaborating with various departments on the research, development, and implementation of trade strategies
- Maintaining various custom technologies and systems
Why are we one of the Top Employers in Montreal for 5 years running?
- The opportunity to continually learn new skills as to keep pace with the latest trends in the industry
- Transportation - we pay for your train pass, bus pass, parking – even Bixi!
- Breakfast, lunch & snacks – every day
- A casual environment where you work with passionate, smart people who care much more about how you think than what you wear!