At Vigilant, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a company like no other in Montreal. We design and deploy technology and infrastructure solutions for use in global financial markets, so you’ll gain exposure to both the finance and tech industries. Our formula for success is really simple: we use best in class technology to drive our business and employ naturally motivated people in an environment that inspires innovation. If this sounds like you, then keep reading:
Our Network Services and Operations team is looking for a dedicated Network Engineer to be part of an industry leader in high performance networking. You’ll have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and be a pioneer in the networking industry. You’ll be part of a driven and dynamic team located in America and Europe. You will participate in an on-call rotation schedule and be involved in all critical design and implementation projects.
If you want to be part of a company that values and recognizes your skills, your ambition and your ideas, you’ll have:
- An ability to learn quickly and a passion for new technology
- A technical degree related to Networking
- At least 5 years of experience working on routing and switching protocols
- CCIE, CCNP and/or equivalent
- Strong scripting skills for network automation
- Strong background in multicast operations
- Very strong analytical skills
- Excellent Written and Communication skills in English
As a Network Engineer for Vigilant, here are some of the things you’ll focus on:
- Designing and operating a global high performance network in a fast paced and competitive environment
- Autonomously leading network implementation projects involving multiple teams
- Becoming an expert in most of the proprietary tools and technologies we have in-house and be the last point of escalation for any issues that occur
- Being a single point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, including vendors
Why are we one of the Top Employers in Montreal for 5 years running?
- Our competitive salary and bonus structure
- A comprehensive benefits program starting on the first day of employment for you and your dependents and significant others
- The opportunity to continually re-train and learn new skills as to keep pace with the latest trends in the industry
- Transportation - we pay for your train pass, bus pass, parking – even Bixi!
- Breakfast, lunch & snacks – every day
- A commitment to the community and 40 hours of annual paid volunteer time
- A casual environment where you work with passionate, smart people who care much more about how you think than what you wear!