We’re Vidyard, the pioneers of the Video Marketing Platform category and the most exciting tech start up in town! Located in downtown Kitchener, we have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us meet and exceed our ambitious goals.
You’re ready to document and share Vidyard platform knowledge with our customers. You’re eager to make our Knowledge base the centre for all knowledge our customers need. Maybe you don’t mind writing a script for or starring in an instructional video either! You love being the first to know what’s coming up and want to be the first person to share new features with the world. Whether you’re talking tech with a developer or value prop with a marketer, you can stitch their words together into something beautiful!
If you’re excited about bringing Vidyard’s documentation to life in a new, creative way, we want to chat with you
As a Technical Writer you will:
- Write technical and feature documentation for internal and external audiences.
- Contribute to our Customer Support knowledge base
- Work with the customer experience team to capture and document best practices.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to learn new features and document functionality.
- Coordinate with marketing to ensure a consistent message is shared across all content.
- Write scripts for (and potentially appear in) instructional and support video content.
- Be a key member of a Knowledge Centred Support model roll-out and ongoing success
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- 2+ years writing Technical Documentation for a software/SaaS company
- Understanding of the Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) model
- Post-secondary education in a related technology or communications field
- Experience writing content for technical and non-technical users
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in concise terms
- Ability to learn technology quickly in a fast paced environment and work independently
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Experience with video is an asset
- Experience with creative writing is an asset
What does Vidyard do?
As the world’s leading video marketing platform, Vidyard’s technology shows our customers exactly how viewers interact with their videos. Along with hosting video content, Vidyard reveals who’s watching videos, and for how long with detailed viewer analytics and engagement data that can be pushed directly into a MAP and CRM, turning views into sales. We’re passionate about helping companies grow their business through the power of video!
Life as a Vidyardian:
You will have the opportunity to create your own destiny in your role by generating and managing your own projects and seeing the impact of your work.
At Vidyard you will work alongside the best and brightest in the industry. We hire carefully for technical expertise and cultural fit, and are proud of our team!
We never miss an opportunity to have fun. We host weekly social events in addition to holiday celebrations, sports teams, not to mention our legendary parties!
Perks & Benefits
We offer free catered lunches daily, free snacks and drinks, free on site massages, generous subsidies for health & wellness and continuing education, on top of competitive pay & health benefits.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
Vidyard is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Director, Human Resources.