Vidyard helps businesses and professionals connect with their audiences in a whole new way through engaging, personalized, and measurable video experiences. Through its global video hosting and analytics platform, Vidyard empowers businesses from startups to Fortune 500 enterprises to transform their approach to marketing, sales, and corporate communications. Through its free and pro tools, Vidyard helps any business professional create and share custom videos to deliver their message in a more personal and impactful way. Thousands of businesses and millions of people around the world rely on Vidyard for their video needs.
We’re looking for a corporate/commercial lawyer to join our team and help us provide business-oriented and practical legal advice in a continually evolving environment. You’ll be part of a dynamic legal team and will provide key support primarily to the Commercial side of the business. You’ll be working with numerous business stakeholders, providing legal support on a broad range of commercial matters in a fast-paced, sales driven environment and having lots of fun along the way!
If you’re excited about providing expert advice and helping manage complex legal matters, in addition to having strong business acumen, common sense, sound judgement especially in critical situations, and want to work with a fast-paced team that loves to have fun, we want to chat with you!
This is a remote position.
See Remote @ Vidyard for details
As a Corporate Counsel you will:
- Draft, review, negotiate and analyze a broad range of agreements
- Interpret privacy laws and regulations, formulate corporate positioning and incorporate these into the privacy policies and disclosures across the enterprise;
- Provide business-oriented and practical legal advice on a wide range of topics, including commercial contracts (with a focus on SaaS contracts), procurement, employment, data protection.
- Negotiate and conclude commercial contracts with customers, partners and vendors, including SaaS subscription agreements, partner agreements, etc.
- Educate Vidyard teams by providing training and developing internal knowledge and resources.
- Supporting transactional, regulatory and risk management activities
- Work collaboratively with teams across all teams, including Sales, Customer Success, Finance, People, Operations, Product and Marketing to deliver on strategic priorities
- Other corporate governance matters
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- A J.D. or LLB with excellent academic credentials
- Licensed to practice law in a Canadian or US jurisdiction
- 5-7 years of post qualification experience in B2B SaaS company or a major law firm
- Experience with privacy laws, data protection, GDPR
- Proven post qualification experience practising law which includes negotiating commercial transactions and previous exposure to legal matters relating to SaaS / software licensing
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex legal agreements
- Experience negotiating procurement contracts
- Knowledge of technology and commercial law, intellectual property law and employment law is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and effectively multi-task
Life as a Vidyardian:
You will have the opportunity to create your own destiny in your role by generating and managing your own projects and seeing the impact of your work. At Vidyard you will work alongside the best and brightest in the industry. We hire carefully for technical expertise and cultural fit, and are proud of our team!
On top of competitive pay, we offer generous subsidies for health & wellness and continuing education. We also offer three flexible benefit plans to suit your unique needs, so choose what’s best for you/your family and your coverage starts as soon as you do.
Along with the health benefits and health/lifestyle spending accounts, additional benefits include unlimited vacation, RRSP match programs, ESOP and learning and development spending accounts.
Vidyard also offers paid volunteer opportunities! At Vidyard, giving back is in our DNA. No matter where we are, we always want to be committed to giving back as part of our commitment to our communities. So choose a cause that is important to you within your own community and give back, on us!
Finally, our teams never miss an opportunity to have fun! Be prepared to enjoy virtual parties (often paired with special deliveries, special guests and sometimes surprises!) and take part in internal communities based on your interests/hobbies!
Remote @ Vidyard
As a video centric organization, Vidyard mastered the art of remote work long before the pandemic forced businesses to adapt. So, whether you are located close to one of our collaboration spaces in Vancouver, BC, & Kitchener, ON, or if home is anywhere else in Canada, you will not only be an integral part of the team, you’ll feel like an integral part of the team.
In order to ensure an enjoyable work experience for all employees, Vidyard is dedicated to ensuring all Vidyardians have an opportunity to:
- Level up their home office/workspace,
- Socialize meaningfully within teams as well as across the organization,
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule (We know your time is valuable! Own your work in a way that best suits your lifestyle)
We believe that working remotely shouldn’t cause any barriers to a great employee experience, so from onboarding to day to day operations, when you work remotely at Vidyard your colleagues and leaders are only as far as a *virtual* tap on the shoulder away.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
Vidyard is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Talent Acquisition Team.