Vidyard is the online video platform built for business. Our free video creation and hosting solution is trusted by thousands of organizations across the globe—from startups to Fortune 500 enterprises—to get their business videos online. Backed by powerful video analytics, security features, and integrations with other business tools, Vidyard makes video easy for marketing, sales, support, and communication teams. We’re passionate about helping companies grow their business through the power of video.
This is a remote position.
See Remote @ Vidyard for details
Vidyard is looking for an Infrastructure focused Software Developer to join our growing team and play a critical role as we continue to build and improve our platform. Do you care about the quality of features and code you create? Do you work collaboratively to take problems apart and make them solvable? Then we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Identify existing gaps in our infrastructure and help craft distributed solutions to ensure our platform can meet the demands of our rapidly growing scale
- Work with, and learn from, senior developers and tech leads
- Contribute code to projects and expand your engineering impact to things like code review and repository maintainership
- Spend your “30% time” developing yourself as a software engineer, refactoring code, and experimenting
- Improve our CI/CD pipelines to enable faster more frequent builds and deployments across engineering
- Lead and write code to aid in our ongoing shift towards Infrastructure as Code
- Learn and apply new technologies to relentlessly drive yourself, and our platform, forward
- Build tooling to make our infrastructure more consistent, reliable and observable
What you’ll get to work with:
- Version control - e.g. Git, Mercurial, SVN
- Testing frameworks such as RSpec, Jest, Mocha
- Modern front-end stacks - e.g. Webpack, Babel, Vue.js, React.js
- Server technologies such as Node.js and Ruby on Rails
- Relational Databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Distributed computing concerns such as message queues and pub/sub
- Operational concerns such as monitoring and logging
- Container Orchestration platforms such as AWS ECS and Kubernetes
- Graphql and RESTful APIs
- Infrastructure as Code tooling - e.g. Terraform
Life as a Vidyardian:
You will have the opportunity to create your own destiny in your role by generating and managing your own projects and seeing the impact of your work. At Vidyard you will work alongside the best and brightest in the industry. We hire carefully for technical expertise and cultural fit, and are proud of our team!
On top of competitive pay, we offer generous subsidies for health & wellness and continuing education. We also offer three flexible benefit plans to suit your unique needs, so choose what’s best for you/your family and your coverage starts as soon as you do.
Along with the health benefits and health/lifestyle spending accounts, additional benefits include unlimited vacation, RRSP match programs, ESOP and learning and development spending accounts.
Vidyard also offers paid volunteer opportunities! At Vidyard, giving back is in our DNA. No matter where we are, we always want to be committed to giving back as part of our commitment to our communities. So choose a cause that is important to you within your own community and give back, on us!
Finally, our teams never miss an opportunity to have fun! Be prepared to enjoy virtual parties (often paired with special deliveries, special guests and sometimes surprises!) and take part in internal communities based on your interests/hobbies!
Remote @ Vidyard
As a video centric organization, Vidyard mastered the art of remote work long before the pandemic forced businesses to adapt. So, whether you are located close to one of our collaboration spaces in Vancouver, BC, & Kitchener, ON, or if home is anywhere else in Canada, you will not only be an integral part of the team, you’ll feel like an integral part of the team.
In order to ensure an enjoyable work experience for all employees, Vidyard is dedicated to ensuring all Vidyardians have an opportunity to:
- Level up their home office/workspace,
- Socialize meaningfully within teams as well as across the organization,
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule (We know your time is valuable! Own your work in a way that best suits your lifestyle)
We believe that working remotely shouldn’t cause any barriers to a great employee experience, so from onboarding to day to day operations, when you work remotely at Vidyard your colleagues and leaders are only as far as a *virtual* tap on the shoulder away.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
Vidyard is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Talent Acquisition Team.