We are looking for a resourceful, customer obsessed Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our Finance team! Reporting to the Controller, you will own the overall success of the Accounts Receivable and collection functions, continually improve our Accounts Receivable processes, and play an important role in month-end reporting. If you are looking to build on your academic and professional experience, and value the chance to be a big contributor at a high growth company, we want to hear from you!
Vidyard has successfully moved to a Remote First operating model. So whether you are located close to one of Vidyard's collaboration spaces in Kitchener, ON and Vancouver, BC, or if home is anywhere else in Canada, you will be an integral part of the team.
As an AR Specialist, you will:
- Communicate with customers to resolve collection issues or invoicing inquiries
- Lead system implementations, integrations or projects
- Act as internal liaison for sales and customer success teams for billing and order requirements
- Establish policies and practices to manage cash flow and receivables
- Review subscription invoices generated for proper recording, recognition, and reporting
- Record and reconcile monthly deferred revenue calculations for both subscription and services
- Assess revenue variances both month-over-month and budget-to-actual and information as requested for audits
- Reconcile monthly sales and use tax reporting and filings
- Analyze overdue receivables to determine collectability and provide necessary allowances
- Reconcile financial information to CRM including new bookings and retention
- Calculate and record month-end foreign exchange adjustments
- Prepare annual financial statement note disclosures related to revenue and accounts receivable
- Research and recommend accounting treatments for new revenue streams
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
In addition, the Accounts Receivable Specialist may be asked to contribute to any number of special projects or assignments from the finance or leadership team.
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- 3-5 years of related accounts receivable experience
- Superior Excel skills (construction and maintenance of spreadsheets)
- Ability to build relationships with other teams across the business to maintain a high service level to the organization
- Curiosity and eye for automation and continuous process improvements
- Experience using accounting software (Intacct experience is an asset)
What does Vidyard do?
As the world’s leading video marketing platform, Vidyard’s technology shows our customers exactly how viewers interact with their videos. Along with hosting video content, Vidyard reveals who’s watching videos, and for how long with detailed viewer analytics and engagement data that can be pushed directly into a MAP and CRM, turning views into sales. We’re passionate about helping companies grow their business through the power of video!
Life as a Vidyardian:
You will have the opportunity to create your own destiny in your role by generating and managing your own projects and seeing the impact of your work.
At Vidyard you will work alongside the best and brightest in the industry. We hire carefully for technical expertise and cultural fit, and are proud of our team!
We never miss an opportunity to have fun!
Perks & Benefits
We offer generous subsidies for health & wellness and continuing education, on top of competitive pay & health benefits.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
Vidyard is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Talent Acquisition Team.