Vidyard is the online video platform built for business. Our free video creation and hosting solution is trusted by thousands of organizations across the globe—from startups to Fortune 500 enterprises—to get their business videos online. Backed by powerful video analytics, security features, and integrations with other business tools, Vidyard makes video easy for marketing, sales, support, and communication teams. We’re passionate about helping companies grow their business through the power of video.
We’re looking for a corporate/commercial lawyer to join our team and help us provide business-oriented and practical legal advice in a continually evolving environment. You’ll be part of a dynamic legal team reporting directly to our General Counsel and will provide key support primarily to the Commercial side of the business. You’ll be working with numerous business stakeholders, providing legal support on a broad range of commercial matters in a fast-paced, sales driven environment and having lots of fun along the way!
If you’re excited about providing expert advice and helping manage complex legal matters, in addition to having strong business acumen, common sense, sound judgement especially in critical situations, and want to work with a fast-paced team that loves to have fun, we want to chat with you!
Vidyard has successfully moved to a Digital First operating model. So, whether you are located close to our collaboration space in Kitchener, ON, or if home is anywhere else in North America, you will be an integral part of the team.
As a Corporate Counsel you will:
- Draft, review, negotiate and analyze a broad range of agreements
- Provide business-oriented and practical legal advice on a wide range of topics, including commercial contracts (with a focus on SaaS contracts), procurement, employment, data protection.
- Efficiently and effectively manage projects while working independently with minimal direction and go the extra mile to meet the timelines.
- Appropriately triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate priorities with internal and external clients and delivering results efficiently.
- Engage in complex negotiations and complete transactions without significant assistance or oversight
- Provide high quality work in a timely manner to meet the demands of the company
- Draft, negotiate, and conclude commercial agreements in North America and internationally.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with leadership and other strategic partners, in particular with our Sales and Customer Success Teams.
- Educate Vidyard teams by providing training and developing internal knowledge and resources.
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- A J.D. or LLB with excellent academic credentials
- Licensed to practice law in a Canadian or US jurisdiction
- 2-5 years of post qualification experience with a major law firm or in-house experience
- Proven post qualification experience practising law which includes negotiating commercial transactions with Fortune 1000 companies and previous exposure to legal matters relating to SaaS / software licensing
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex legal agreements
- Experience supporting a sales organization
- Experience negotiating procurement contracts
Life as a Vidyardian:
You will have the opportunity to create your own destiny in your role by generating and managing your own projects and seeing the impact of your work.
At Vidyard you will work alongside the best and brightest in the industry. We hire carefully for technical expertise and cultural fit, and are proud of our team!
We never miss an opportunity to have fun. We host weekly social events in addition to holiday celebrations, sports teams, not to mention our legendary parties!
We offer generous subsidies for health & wellness and continuing education, on top of competitive pay & health benefits.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
Vidyard is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Talent Acquisition Team