Vidyard is the online video platform built for business. Our free video creation and hosting solution is trusted by thousands of organizations across the globe—from startups to Fortune 500 enterprises—to get their business videos online. Backed by powerful video analytics, security features, and integrations with other business tools, Vidyard makes video easy for marketing, sales, support, and communication teams. We’re passionate about helping companies grow their business through the power of video.
Vidyard is looking for an intermediate-level Software Engineer to join our growing team and play a critical role as we continue to build and improve our platform. Do you care about the quality of features and code you create? Do you work collaboratively to take problems apart and make them solvable? Then we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Work with a cross functional team consisting of developers, designers and product managers to solve customer problems and deliver amazing software
- Learn from senior developers and tech leads while mentoring more junior developers
- Contribute code to projects, review code, and expand your engineering impact with activities like maintaining repositories, developing internal tools and documenting code
- Spend your “30% time” developing yourself as a software engineer, refactoring code, and experimenting
- Learn and apply new technologies to relentlessly drive yourself, and our platform, forward
What you’ll get to work with:
- Version control - e.g. Git, Mercurial, SVN
- Testing frameworks such as RSpec, Jest, Mocha
- Modern front-end stacks - e.g. Webpack, Babel, Vue.js, React.js
- Server technologies such as Node.js and Ruby on Rails
- Relational Databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience architecting microservice infrastructures
- Distributed computing concerns such as message queues and pub/sub
- Operational concerns such as monitoring and logging
Our engineering team is composed of generalists who lean to either front-end or back-end development while maintaining a working knowledge of the full-stack.
Vidyard has successfully moved to a Remote First operating model. So, whether you are located close to one of our collaboration spaces in Kitchener, ON or Vancouver, BC, or if home is anywhere else in North America, you will be an integral part of the team.
Life as a Vidyardian:
You will have the opportunity to create your own destiny in your role by generating and managing your own projects and seeing the impact of your work.
At Vidyard you will work alongside the best and brightest in the industry. We hire carefully for technical expertise and cultural fit, and are proud of our team!
We never miss an opportunity to have fun. We host weekly social events in addition to holiday celebrations, sports teams, not to mention our legendary parties!
We offer generous subsidies for health & wellness and continuing education, on top of competitive pay & health benefits.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
Vidyard is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Talent Acquisition Team.