Vidyard helps businesses and professionals connect with their audiences in a whole new way through engaging, personalized, and measurable video experiences. Through its global video hosting and analytics platform, Vidyard empowers businesses from startups to Fortune 500 enterprises to transform their approach to marketing, sales, and corporate communications. Through its free and pro tools, Vidyard helps any business professional create and share custom videos to deliver their message in a more personal and impactful way. Thousands of businesses and millions of people around the world rely on Vidyard for their video needs.
Vidyard is currently seeking a VP of Engineering. As the VP of Engineering at Vidyard, you will be responsible for the strategic execution of our software engineering department. Reporting into the CTO and as a critical member of the senior leadership team, you have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our success through leading the growth of our engineering teams.
In this role you will develop and lead high-performing remote teams with an engineering ethos that focuses on technical innovation, continuous improvement, and team collaboration. You will partner with our Design and Product organizations to plan and deliver the growth of our world-leading video sales and marketing platform.
The successful candidate will be passionate about building high performance teams focused on quality, urgency and innovation. As a high-performance team leader, you will establish hiring plans, develop professional growth plans, and create systems and processes that drive a high performance engineering culture.
This is a remote opportunity open to candidates located in North America.
In this role, you’ll be challenged to:
- Lead our Engineering practice in setting the strategic direction and driving a strong execution and delivery focused culture
- Be a member of our Senior Leadership Team and champion Engineering priorities to the executive team and across the business.
- Work closely with your engineering management team to foster a high performance culture and create growth opportunities for our team of ~70 developers.
- Hire and manage a high performance growth-oriented team.
- Evolve and scale the practice and process of Engineering at Vidyard
- Partner with our product and design leadership to deliver amazing product experiences.
We are looking for people with:
- 5+ years experience managing and growing teams of engineers and working on a leadership team
- Experience with rapid growth and scale.
- History of creating growth opportunities and managing team members to achieve these objectives.
- Experience managing in a remote-first environment
- Must have strong collaboration and team building skills up, down and across an organization
- Proven experience managing multiple complex projects
- Proven track record of building and leading inclusive and engaged engineering teams
Life as a Vidyardian:
You will have the opportunity to create your own destiny in your role by generating and managing your own projects and seeing the impact of your work. At Vidyard you will work alongside the best and brightest in the industry. We hire carefully for technical expertise and cultural fit, and are proud of our team!
On top of competitive pay, we offer generous subsidies for health & wellness and continuing education. We also offer three flexible benefit plans to suit your unique needs, so choose what’s best for you/your family and your coverage starts as soon as you do.
Along with the health benefits and health/lifestyle spending accounts, additional benefits include unlimited vacation, RRSP match programs, ESOP and learning and development spending accounts.
Vidyard also offers paid volunteer opportunities! At Vidyard, giving back is in our DNA. No matter where we are, we always want to be committed to giving back as part of our commitment to our communities. So choose a cause that is important to you within your own community and give back, on us!
Finally, our teams never miss an opportunity to have fun! Be prepared to enjoy virtual parties (often paired with special deliveries, special guests and sometimes surprises!) and take part in internal communities based on your interests/hobbies!
Remote @ Vidyard
As a video centric organization, Vidyard mastered the art of remote work long before the pandemic forced businesses to adapt. So, whether you are located close to one of our collaboration spaces in Vancouver, BC, & Kitchener, ON, or if home is anywhere else in Canada, you will not only be an integral part of the team, you’ll feel like an integral part of the team.
In order to ensure an enjoyable work experience for all employees, Vidyard is dedicated to ensuring all Vidyardians have an opportunity to:
- Level up their home office/workspace,
- Socialize meaningfully within teams as well as across the organization,
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule (We know your time is valuable! Own your work in a way that best suits your lifestyle)
We believe that working remotely shouldn’t cause any barriers to a great employee experience, so from onboarding to day to day operations, when you work remotely at Vidyard your colleagues and leaders are only as far as a *virtual* tap on the shoulder away.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
Vidyard is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Talent Acquisition Team.