Accounting Controller for Virtue
Are you an ambitious and detail oriented Accounting Controller, who thrive in a fast-paced international office, and do you have what it takes to work in one of the world’s leading content agencies.
Virtue was born at a time when the world urgently needs new language and new perspectives on all fronts. We are a creative agency born from one of today’s most influential media, news & entertainment brands, Vice, the counter cultural voice of a generation. We use our cultural fluency to help brands shift their role from executors of communications to originators of entertainment. Born from VICE, we are culturally fluent: we know where and how to influence, contribute and entertain. We use that expertise that in service of a goal - revitalising a reputation, reaching a new audience, building commercial value, challenging beliefs, and more.
We are looking for passionate, interesting and hungry people to come and join us, and help redefine the agency model as we know it.
The Accounting Controller prepares monthly statements by collecting data; analysing and investigating variances; summarising data, information, and trends. Prepares state quarterly and annual statements by assembling data. Complies with local tax filing requirements by studying regulations; adhering to requirements; advising management on required actions; calculating quarterly estimated tax payments; assembling data for quarterly and annual tax filings.
Provides financial advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices; developing recommendations.
Prepares special reports by studying variances; preparing budgets; developing forecasts.
Updates job knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
Accomplishes finance and organisation mission by completing related results as needed.
We will build a strong and structured team focused on measuring our company’s performance, overseeing internal controls and making sure we run our business in the most profitable way. A team of dedicated and ambitious people who are responsible for the financial perspective of running a company defining the future of media and marketing. Entrepreneurial but structured spirit and an insatiable desire to be a part of a growing and dynamic company is a must.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Balance Sheet Responsibilities
- Intercompany Reconciliations
- Balance Sheet Flux Variance Explanations
- VAT/Tax Reporting and Reconciliations
- Internal Audit/Control
- External Audit incl. Preparation
- AP Handling
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL SKILLS
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of Danish accounting principles is a must.
- Experience with and a great insight into processes relating to audit.
- Deadline-oriented and structured with a strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivation and energy in taking ownership of tasks.
- Ability to handle heavy workload, mediating demands and requests with strong problem solving drive.
- Excellent communication skills in Danish and English, both written and oral.
- Ability to communicate financial principles across levels and territories.
- Great interpersonal skills and an ability to relate professionally within all levels and departments within the organisation.
- Strong Excel skills.
- SAP, Concur or Netsuite experience is an advantage.
WE’RE OFFERING YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO…
- Develop your skills set in a steep learning curve.
- Actively participate in an agency workflow.
- Create solutions to optimise financial and accounting processes in collaboration with your team.
- Work alongside talented and passionate colleagues in an international office.
We're looking to fill the position as soon as possible, so please do not hesitate to apply.