VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and a newly launched TV network in a joint venture with Rogers called VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Shooter/Producer – Daily VICE
REPORTS TO: Supervising Producer
OVERVIEW: VICE Media is looking for a self-starting, technically adept Shooter/Producer to join our Daily VICE team. Successful applicants will have a reel that demonstrates expertise in the news & documentary field, and will be able to provide links to full-length examples of successfully completed projects.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shoot a selection of short documentaries, recurring series, and correspondent hits.
- Pitch, plan and produce video content.
- Creatively and collaboratively work with journalist host in the field as well as pre and post production
- Generate original and creative treatments for short video stories.
- Manage all release documents associated with shoots.
- Provide editors with detailed paper edit or selects sequence.
- Pre-interview subjects and focus story with Supervising Producer.
- Work closely with Producers and Associate Producers on finding the correct story with the available footage and archival material.
- Work with editors in choosing the appropriate music for pieces.
- Organize and evaluate the content for assigned news stories.
- Ingest footage, organize files and ensure that all content is accounted for.
- Adhere to journalistic standards and practices
- Other duties may include some offline editing and/or special projects as assigned.
- 3+ years experience shooting and producing and/or directing
- University or College degree, preferably with a focus in TV or Media Production.
- Innovative and experienced storytelling with the ability to clearly articulate ideas and concepts on screen
- Experience cutting short and long form documentary is an asset
- Demonstrate a creative sensibility and high editorial standards.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop experience is an asset.
- Must be comfortable working both with and without producers to create a
- cohesive story
- Ability to shoot on a variety of cameras.
- Experience producing in the field both with and without hosts.
- Working on multiple projects at a time with tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of the VICE brand and its properties.
- Must be passionate and informed about popular culture
- Professional positive attitude.
- Attention to detail.
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.