VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and a newly launched TV network in a joint venture with Rogers called VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Creative
REPORTS TO: Head of Creative, VICE Media
OVERVIEW: VICE Canada’s Media Team is seeking a creative (2-5 years experience) to be responsible for developing ideas for video show franchises, events, social campaigns, media properties, and 360 programs for brand partnerships. We are looking for creative hybrids with various backgrounds and specific deep interests in youth culture. You’ll be at the forefront of VICE’s continued expansion into new types of brand storytelling, including interactive and immersive multimedia experiences.
You’ll conceive, develop and pitch branded videos, interactives, infographics, articles and more. You’ll create mockups, help write scripts; craft taglines; collaborate on pitches and sales materials; and work with our design, sales, production and other teams to produce content that achieves a brand’s goals and speaks to the VICE audience. VICE is an incredibly fast paced and creatively demanding environment and creatives will have to balance many projects at once with tight deadlines and production schedules.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to RFPs from brands and agencies
- Ideating and conceptualizing creative for branded, co-branded and white label content while understanding how ideas fit into broader brand and communication strategies
- Generate ideas to win new business and articulation of ideas in written form
- Work with multiple departments to create presentation materials including keynote presentations, mood boards, storyboards, and video reels
- Execution of creative projects/concepts in a timely fashion
- Assist Head of Creative with any and all tasks as assigned or required
- Conceive, pitch and produce VICE’s multimedia branded content offering alongside the design and product teams
- Develop ideas within brand guidelines and brand tones of voice
- Create structured work that clearly articulates a campaignable idea
- Process information supplied by client/strategy/account services and translate into effective creative work
- Stay up to date with new innovations and industry trends.
- 2-5 years of experience spanning editorial, design, advertising agency, film, production, events, branded entertainment
- 2+ years experience writing copy
- Bachelor of Fine Arts or related field
- An appreciation of and fluency in the passion points represented in our verticals
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- A strong understanding of the VICE brand
- The ability to think both visually and verbally, and to figure out when each approach is best
- Strong art direction skills that can work in film, print, web and social
- A history of executing branded content campaigns at an agency, publisher or brand
- We are looking for creative hybrids with various backgrounds and specific deep interests in youth culture
- Deep knowledge and interest in digital, social media, content & technology.
- Passion, positivity, diligence, self-motivation, ability to work in modular teams and as an individual.
- A desire to work in a creative, entrepreneurial environment
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates originality, innovation and multi-disciplinary thinking
- Ability to work within budgetary constraints and have experience working with photographers, directors and vendors
- Keynote knowledge and experience.
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.