VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and a newly launched TV network in a joint venture with Rogers called VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Story Editor (6 month contract)
REPORTS TO: Series Producer/Production Manager
OVERVIEW: VICE Media is seeking an experienced and creative Story Editor for a television documentary series.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create original and compelling story lines and develop through all stages of edit
- Write and fact check scripts and episodes
- Oversee post production of episodes including audio, graphics and colour
- Accurately and critically oversee quality control of episodes
- Work with a television editor to deliver accurately and on deadline
- Adhere to journalistic standards and practices
- Ensure implementation of VICE style and tone
- University degree or college diploma in Journalism, Media or related field
- 2+ years of experience as television documentary story editor
- Excellent knowledge of and passionate interest in science and related fields
- Ability to write effectively and creatively for television
- Possess a creative, enterprising and inquisitive approach to story telling
- Possess an innovative journalistic sensibility and high editorial standards
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and concepts, and relay complex information in understandable ways
- Ease in handling multiple projects and edit suites on tight deadlines
- Some programs may require a Science background
- This is subject to skills and knowledge testing.
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.