VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and a newly launched TV network in a joint venture with Rogers called VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Associate Producer (Documentary series) – 6 month contract
REPORTS TO: Series Producer/Production Manager
OVERVIEW: VICE Media is seeking an Associate Producer for a television documentary series who has a passion for storytelling and is creative, innovative and experienced.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate, contribute and pitch creative ideas around content, characters and episodes for a television documentary series
- Research, write and prepare backgrounders as well as lines of questioning and conduct pre-interviews
- Adhere to journalistic standards and practices
- Source and book original and creative locations as well as well as identify special requirements such as audio, lighting etc
- Source and book original interview subjects
- Develop and maintain contacts
- Find and cast characters
- Fact-checking of episodes in pre and post production
- Support the production team in the office and on location
- Oversee all production operations outside the office while on location
- Monitor postproduction processes to ensure accurate completion of details
- Facilitate in marketing and promotion coordination
- University/College degree in Journalism or a related media or humanities field required
- 2+ years of experience in Associate Producer role in documentary or television documentary series
- 2+ years experience and knowledge of media production, communication, and techniques
- Understanding of the VICE style and tone as well ensuring implementation
- Experienced in logistics and location planning
- Excels in planning, organization and coordination and must be detailed orientated
- Ability to work flexible hours and manage team meetings
- Ability to work across time zones and communicate internationally and cross-culturally
- Ability to deal with quickly changing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to write effectively for TV
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.