VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and a newly launched TV network in a joint venture with Rogers called VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Assistant Production Accountant
REPORTS TO: Production Accountant
OVERVIEW: VICE Media is seeking an Assistant Production Accountant to work in the television production division. The ideal candidate for this role will be someone with a solid background in production accounting and is a team player. They will be flexible and able to re-prioritize duties as required. They will also need to be able to perform well under tight deadlines while still maintaining their attention to detail.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initial intake and review of paperwork (checking production company name, tax ID numbers appropriate to the type of invoice, ensuring coding and signature by the Production Manager, etc.)
- Making sure AP list matches physical invoices
- Conducting a pre-matching of POs with invoices
- Initial review of all petty cash receipts and breakdown of refundable taxes
- Preparation of credit card statements for Production Manager approval
- All data entry into the ledger, under supervision of the Production Accountant
- Checking GST/HST registration when setting up new vendors
- Checking vendor SIN of non-incorporated individuals and setting up T4A in the ledger
- Performing bank runs, filing, and any production accounting tasks the Production Accountant deems necessary
- Post secondary education required, specifically with an administration or accounting focus.
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience as an Assistant Production Accountant
- Experience working with multiple currencies and a variety of different types of productions
- Able to multi-task and time manage to handle several shows at one time
- Able to work in a team setting
- Able to re-prioritize as the needs of production demands change
- Experienced with PSL production accounting software, Excel, Word and Apple Mac hardware
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.