VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and an international TV network, VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
Vice+ Productions is Vice’s full service commercial production studio, producing best-in-class video and photo content, events and experiences for Vice, Virtue (Vice’s creative agency) and our brand and agency partners.
JOB TITLE: Producer, Vice+ Productions
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Vice+ Productions
DEPARTMENT: VICE+ Productions
- Working closely with clients, specifically with content marketing and brand integration
- Participate in the development of story ideas by researching, location scouting, casting and securing interviewees
- Oversee all production operations outside the office while on location
- Oversee travel bookings and location releases prior and during shoots
- Oversee call sheets
- Create story boards, shot lists and production schedules for shoots
- Manage equipment bookings for shoots with the equipment department
- Manage the production team in the office and on location, while ensuring solid communication is maintained
- Execute and manage production activities such as directing and supervising when applicable
- Hire and manage crew for various productions
- Negotiate vendor contracts
- Work with Project Manager to ensure each production is adhering to client deadlines as per work back schedules
- Work with Project Manager to oversee budget and update cost tracker with actuals
- Work with the post production team to ensure smooth workflow for deliverables
- Manage and work with post production team to log and ingest incoming footage
- Research and clear archival material with the legal team
- Provide notes for rough cuts and fine cuts to send to editor
- Contribute to talent pool and quality matrix
- Manage any additional production duties as required
- Work collaboratively with other internal teams, including the Production Coordinator to support all aspects of the pipeline including launch.
- University/College degree in Film and Arts or a related media or humanities field required.
- 3+ years of experience in a Producing role at a digital production company (or equivalent) or advertising agency
- Must have experience in working with clients, experience in content marketing and brand integration
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods
- Knowledge and understanding of Vice programming and style
- Experience producing branded content
- Experience managing multiple projects and work-streams
- Ability to assess vendor quality
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts
- Ability to collaborate and be a valued team contributor
- Experience with post-production and directorial activities
- Ability to locate visuals from a wide variety of sources
- Exceptional time and resource management skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and manage team meetings
- Ability to deal with quickly changing priorities
- Must be detailed orientated and highly organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of MAC computer systems and program
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
VICE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, veteran status, and any other classification protected by law. For questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vice strives to provide equal access to our premises and to communicate with individuals in a manner that is accessible to all of our customers, and respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. For questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.