VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and an international TV network, VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Account Manager, Virtue (Contract)
REPORTS TO: Account Director(s), Virtue; Head of Client Services & Business Development
OVERVIEW: VIRTUE Worldwide’s Toronto office is seeking an exceptional Account Manager to join our growing team. In addition to having exceptional client-service and project management skills, the ideal candidate will have strong digital / community management acumen, will have the ability to think like both a marketer and a publisher, and will be driven to always push for better. They should embrace a dynamic, energetic work environment, and relish the opportunity to break new ground and try something that’s never been done before.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for delivering best-in-class work on any given program
- Establish priorities, leverage existing processes (and develop new ones) to achieve program objectives
- Develop an understanding of client business, needs, expectations, and requirements
- Manage day to day client relationships through best in class project management
- Develop and manage project timelines, including coordination of internal resources
- Work collaboratively with cross-department team including individuals from creative, production, strategy and PR teams
- Ensure programs are running smoothly and communication is effective with both Virtue and client
- Create or provide guidance in the creation of key project documents including calendars and budgets
- Manage social media calendars and post social media assets to platforms (FB/IG/TW)
- Design and execute a cross-channel content calendar that leverages the strategy and strengths of each platform
- Community management on all posts – organic and paid
- Manage the strategy and setup of all paid campaigns on assigned channels.
- Social media amplification & targeting on all social platforms
- Track social spend, follower growth & engagement
- Measure channel health and performance while developing strategies for continued improvement
- Develop quarterly reports around content, summarize activity in the community and show progress against goals
- Manage and oversee social media content
- Assist in creative management & development from global assets
- Potential work with influencer content creators
- Schedule client meetings, send recaps and next step emails
- Alert client and internal teams of upcoming project deadlines
- Create, gather, and assemble presentations for clients
- Work with Account Director and Group Account Director to spot opportunities to generate additional revenue with current clients
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-4 years experience in a client service / project management / community service role at an advertising / media agency or digital production house
- A solid understanding of project management and delivery of interactive and offline initiatives
- Experience participating in social media sites and moderating online communities
- Understand how to manage social platform paid amplification & targeting
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing and advertising
- Ability to strategize and problem solve
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include some work on weekends and holidays
- Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented
- Ability to multi-task and work within tight deadlines
- Strong client-service orientation, self-motivation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
VICE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, veteran status, and any other classification protected by law. For questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vice strives to provide equal access to our premises and to communicate with individuals in a manner that is accessible to all of our customers, and respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. For questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.