VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and an international TV network, VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Strategy Director, Virtue
REPORTS TO: Head of Client Services & Business Development, Virtue
OVERVIEW: VIRTUE is seeking a Strategy Director to lead strategy across the VIRTUE lines of business and a growing team. This candidate will be accountable and responsible for the strategic leadership needs across brand partnerships. Internally, this candidate will need to exhibit strong leadership and management skills – fostering the talents of the strategy teams, and providing vision for groups. The Strategy Director is also responsible for the financial health of the strategic lines of business. Externally, the Strategy Director must excel at helping to provide strategic leadership to client partners. This work includes helping to oversee all strategic considerations form client engagements and acting in an on-going consultative capacity to client stakeholders. The ideal candidate has a multi-disciplinary strategic skillset: demonstrating a mastery of brand, content, social, digital, and new media strategy. Furthermore the candidate should be adept at working with both traditional and emerging forms of research and measurement – including formal qualitative research and spanning to the world of social listening and digital analytics.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop creative ideas and concepts provided by the creative team into comprehensive integrated marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for developing client-facing presentation materials required to bring to life strategies, creative, media and tactics related to campaigns and projects.
- Responsible for presenting and justifying strategic thinking to internal stakeholders and external clients.
- Respond to RFPs from agencies and brands by analyzing client business needs and by identifying relevant audience insights in order to produce accurate, concise and inspirational briefs for the creative team.
- Works closely with the Head of Client Service and Business Development on new business initiatives/pitches and owns the strategic perspective and output.
- Work directly with clients and partners as needed to help identify their business and communications needs and to articulate VIRTUE’s role in meeting those needs.
- Generate insight and trend reports as required to feed campaign or project development.
- Source the most relevant audience and platform insights and applies them to a given pitch in a way that justifies the overall recommendation.
- Must work collaboratively with creative teams, account teams, and integrated production teams on a wide gamut of projects.
- Conceptualizes and formulates strategic initiatives that further VIRTUE’s yearly and long-term planning objectives.
- Collaborates with senior management to devise effective short- and long-term plans.
- Sets actionable goals for the department or practice, team members and client agendas that lead to tangible results.
- Manages the economic and financial health of the strategy department and practice.
- Proficient in VICE & VIRTUE’s unique approach & offering to building brands in the modern media landscape – with a strong mastery of content marketing and new media.
- 5-7 years’ experience working with global brands and campaigns.
- Ability to lead a team of professionals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Adept at extracting meaningful insights from multiple sources of data. Experience in market research techniques such as ethnography a bonus.
- A compelling and confident storyteller adept within a pitch scenario; someone who can guide clients in brand, business and cultural understanding.
- An engaged thinker who strives to identify new business and growth opportunities.
- Highly proficient and inspiring presenter and moderator.
- Proactive work ethic and the ability to think analytically and conceptually.
- Disciplined and detail-oriented and creative problem-solving skills and a relentless work ethic.
- Challenges standard thinking with new ideas, approaches and solutions.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, management and collaboration.
- Self-directed and able to work independently without subject matter supervision.
- Bold, highly objective, inspiring, entrepreneurial, charismatic, kind, critical and fair.
- Ability to manage multiple large accounts and provide informed strategic recommendations.
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
VICE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, veteran status, and any other classification protected by law. For questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.
Vice strives to provide equal access to our premises and to communicate with individuals in a manner that is accessible to all of our customers, and respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. For questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.