At the beginning of 2018, the work of newly formed VICE Fashion & Luxury Group will begin in earnest. The group will publish iconic fashion title i-D, art and fashion focused GARAGE and new premium travel channel Amuse, and will deliver game changing strategic and creative services for fashion and luxury clients on an international basis. VFLG is looking for an experienced and personable commercial leader to represent VFLG amongst key client and agency partners in the US, establishing awareness, building strong relationships and generating revenue for VFLG, during this exciting early stage for the business, as we establish our presence in the market.
Reporting into the commercial headquarters in the UK, the Client Partner will be responsible for the generation of sales and revenue for VFLG out of the US, from clients (and agencies) across the Fashion and Luxury landscape. They will be responsible for leading the
development, delivery and execution of media, content and consultancy solutions for relevant clients in the US market, against annual revenue and profitability targets.
Key to the Client Partner’s success is the ability to build strong relationships with relevant
planners and buyers at agency level and develop and grow client direct contacts in the sector to unlock and extract briefs and convert to revenue for VFLG. In the first year a core focus of the role will be to increase awareness and visibility of the Group amongst these audience groups.
Working alongside Strategy, Creative and Media teams the Client Partner will be expected to lead on the development and delivery of pitches and proposals at varying budget levels across our diverse range of products, from print advertising, to digital media and content, through to more strategic partnerships directly with clients. The Client Partner will be ultimately responsible for managing the output of both pitch and won work in the US. So will need to have an intrinsic understanding of what ‘good’ looks like, both in terms of a pitch deck, and in terms of making sure our solutions work for our clients, within the dynamics of the Fashion and Luxury space. Whilst maintaining the integrity of the VICE owned media brands with our audience.
- Demonstrate a clear and sound understanding of the market and the identity of the Fashion and Luxury Group and its 3 main channels - Amuse, i-D and Garage.
- Build positive awareness of VFLG across a strong network of Fashion and Luxury Advertisers (and relevant agency contacts) in the US market.
- Drive revenue for the group through sales through agencies and direct clients alike across our media, native and content and consultancy offerings, against targets defined by VFLG HQ.
- Work with the sales leadership team on the overall sales and lead generation strategy for the business, and delivering in the US.
- Deliver a best in class quality of work in response to briefs and RFPs coming into VFLG, and proactive proposals for Fashion and Luxury clients in the US.
- Support VICE Sales teams in developing pitch responses based on the VFLG offering (to deliver incremental revenue) for (relevant) clients from outside our core of Fashion and Luxury targets.
- Establish a position as a valuable member of the VFLG global sales team, sharing best practices and ensuring the best in class, planning, delivery and campaigns to our clients.
- Ensure consistency in product, pricing and execution across products and services sold as part of VFLG.
- Collaborate with the VICE team in US to ensure the Fashion and Luxury business in the US is exploiting the latest and most relevant products and approaches across VFLG.
- Deliver weekly reports against relevant financial and pipeline leads to the Group Commercial Director, and work with global leadership to inform accurate forecasting at relevant points in the year.
- Feedback to the VFLG HQ in London relevant and valuable insight into the US market, and support in adapting and evolving products and approaches so they’re more efficient locally.
- Manage and maintain the entry of revenue and pipeline data into the companies CRM system.
- To undertake such other tasks including general administrative duties as may be required from time to time.
- To represent the company at relevant industry conferences and events.
- To be an ambassador for the business at all times.
- Experienced sales professional with a specific eye for and taste within Fashion and Luxury, able to demonstrate success in growing revenue and profit
- First class networking skills, a self-starter who is able to work independently yet be part of a focused team.
- Commercial nous, and negotiation skills.
- Media and content experience at a senior level.
- Experience in business growth, leadership & team building, business development, and sales.
- Proven ability to lead & grow an organization in a high-energy, results-focused environment.
- A high-performance focus, solid work ethic and a very hands-on nature.
- A clear passion and energy for business.
- Solid written/verbal communication & presentation skills.
- Impeccable personal integrity and business ethics.
- Gravitas and exceptional management skills.
- Proven network within larger Agencies and Brands in Europe.
- Experience of managing a senior sales team, implementing compensation packages, CRM and performance management.
- An understanding that you have to make things happen yourself and manage the business to make sure you achieve your own objectives.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to work on his/her own initiative.
- Willingness to work flexible hours
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create and maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion and diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion and diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers and viewers, and our company culture. We treat all applicants and employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status and partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements and essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list and instead are meant to describe the general nature and level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.